Feds finally made a statement about Co and Wa legalization.....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by hockey4848, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Be careful not to assume the Drug Czar has power or information « Drug WarRant

"Federal prosecutors will crack down on recreational marijuana dispensaries and growers even in states where they are legal, U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske told a Canadian news magazine this week. The statement appears to be the first from a federal official to state explicitly that the federal government will prosecute dispensaries and producers once they are licensed in Washington and Colorado."

2. This is fucking tyranny!

3. Well the people wont stand for this if someone in the media takes to it which they should because it is a great story of the people vs the government

4. How do people who work for the federal government sleep at night? All of this drama makes me appreciate only having one layer of government to worry about.

5. Is this legit?, is there video of this or other sources? If its true thats fked up, it'll go down then between states vs fed.

Colorado and Washington get taxes from the sales?

6. What the fuck happened to freedom and democracy? We already live under a tyrannical government.. I know what side I'm fight for..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23kmhc3P8U]With Us or Against Us - YouTube[/ame]

7. they'll probably only be going after the people making a hefty profit. the feds dont like competition.

8. booooooooo, threaten to withdrawal from the union Washington and Colorado, tell them this is your right and that your people have spoken. They have no right to impose such laws on you, no where is the Fed allowed such power, they speak of the Supremacy Clause but have no basis for the actual power to impose laws for or against marijuana. Marijuana existed in colonial times, and there is not a word in the US Constitution about it.

9. Be careful not to assume the Drug Czar has power or information

Some concern has been expressed regarding this ThinkProgress piece

Federal prosecutors will crack down on recreational marijuana dispensaries and growers even in states where they are legal, U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske told a Canadian news magazine this week. The statement appears to be the first from a federal official to state explicitly that the federal government will prosecute dispensaries and producers once they are licensed in Washington and Colorado.

This makes it seem like it's some kind of official government pronouncement, but I think that's really reading too much into the statement.
    Sure, it's not hard to imagine our government being so pathetically dysfunctional as to have the President duck the question, the AG unable to discuss it frankly with the Governors of the states involved, and then have Kerlikowske announce it to a Canadian magazine.

But in reality, if you read the actual interview, I don't think the Drug Czar has any more of a clue than you or I and is just frustrated.
    After all, this is the same interview in which he slammed the administration:

“The administration has not done a particularly good job of, one, talking about marijuana as a public health issue, and number two, talking about what can be done and where we should be headed on our drug policy.”

The Drug Czar has very little real power or information. He is primarily a propagandist, there to oppose legalization (as required by law), deflect criticisms of the government's war on drugs, and wrap up our completely corrupt drug policies in pretty paper by talking about the focus on treatment and our move toward some mythical “third way.”

He has no idea what the U.S. Attorneys will do.

10. They bully us because they know they can. If a state were to withdraw, they would struggle a good bit, especially at first. The government knows we need the Union because it's how we have structured the operation of states. It's fucking retarded we even have 'state's right's' thought. It's not really rights, but privileges granted by the government. If they don't like it, they will force you to reverse it. That's not what rights are.

We just need a stronger movement. We are slowly building it up. Once enough states get to the point of where Washington and Colorado are, it will be much harder to do what they have been doing.

11. Laughing xD

Oh my, governments are ridiculous...

12. Whoa, that article in that link was a little scary. Especially the piece about the statutory position to not investigate any untrue statements. It basically closes the loop so that the government can legally promote their agenda regardless of whether it's founded in facts or not. He could just as well come out attach marijuana as a health risk to anything and it would go unchallenged.

13. Can't either Washington or Colorado state authorities arrest those Feds if this really happens? Here in my state of South Dakota we are putting a bill into our Senate which will require any state authorities to arrest Federal authorities if they decide to ban assault weapons. I know its a bit of a different situation but its similar in that my state is basically threatening to have any federal authorities arrested if they try to enforce any federal law which conflicts with what the state passed. Essentially the South Dakota bill makes it a class 6 felony for any federal official that tries to uphold Federal law when it conflicts with state law.

This situation is kind of similar in that the Feds want to bad assault weapons or clips for them while here in South Dakota the state is saying "Not Here". Can't Washington and Colorado do that very same thing? Check out this info.

c/p Keloland.com

"SIOUX FALLS, SD -

A federal firearms ban that’s making its way through Washington, D.C., is looking to ban assault-style weapons and clips that can hold more than 10 rounds.

But a bill in Pierre might make that ban pointless in our state.

Since the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, gun control has been one of the hottest topics across the country. And with a Federal Firearms ban floating around Washington, some South Dakota legislators are saying, 'Not here.'

House Bill 1222 would make any federal law banning firearms or magazines unenforceable in South Dakota.

The bill would actually make it a class 6 felony with a minimum of one year in prison for any employee of the U.S. government who enforces a firearm ban on any guns or ammo made and sold within South Dakota.

It would also give South Dakota citizens defense from the states attorney general if they were prosecuted by the U.S. government because of a possible federal ban.

The bill is currently waiting action in the House State Affairs committee."

14. Nonsense pure and simple! The people can stand up and say they want what they want all day until our ruling class decides to throw a bone to the cause we are all criminals!

Except our brothers and sisters in California

15. I feel like though a lot of states are waiting and watching right now, if the feds bust in, the rest of the states aren't going to try and legalize, if the feds let the states do what they want, I bet anything tons more will legalize if not recreationally at least for MMJ, which as at least a huge start

16. We didn't get anywhere in history by not fighting when it gets a little rough. Just because they intimidate us doesn't mean we should all roll over and get fucked. I see what you are saying but that is the attitude that we must abandon if we are going to win this.

17. Oh no sorry, I completely agree with you, but thinking about the last 10 years, it just seems to me that more and more politicians are jumping on board because they see they aren't alone, once a few stepped forward everyone else fell in line and it is finally starting to move faster in the right direction.

If the feds stand back and see how these states go, I think that states will legalize sooner than ever predicted. Either way though legalization is inevitable, whether the feds wanna go down fighting though isn't really an issue, just more of an annoyance to citizens who want to exercise their natural rights.

18. Notice how he has to speak to Canadian news with such information. This shit is disgusting.