Fears Over U.S Mexico Swine Flu - US to Close Border

Discussion in 'General' started by TONYBEME, Apr 28, 2009.

1. The World Health Organization says the outbreaks of swine flu could lead to a worldwide pandemic. Is the United States going to close there borders to the rest of the world?

Why is this thing spreading so fast!

Fears Over U.S Mexico Swine Flu - US to Close Border

[​IMG]

2. i dont have it....i live in L.A
    not a big deal

3. NPR says no.. its only level 4 right now... just bumped up from lvl3, once (if) it reaches level 5 they might do that.,, cuz thats when they say a pandemic is possible.

they just have 'recommendations' not to travel to mexico.

scary shit.

4. Give it time to see if its gonna flare up big time..

5. A couple more days until we know the true severity..

6. I had this flu. Its not that bad just like the normal flu but you have a higher temp. people are making a big deal of it but the main reason people are getting sick is becasue other people are careless. it had been going through my school for 3 weeks before the news even started reporting it.

7. whole new meaning in keeping it kosher

8. People reacted the exact same way to anthrax, avian flu, Y2K, etc etc etc...

I regard national hysteria as nothing more than large-scale, high quality entertainment. I'm fryin up some bacon and enjoying the fucking show.

9. mmm...BACON

[​IMG]

10. yeah there was just a case reported where i live(san antonio, somewhat close to the border), it better not spread...

11. #11 DirtyPete, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    Apparently this flu is worse for healthy adults with strong immune systems because it creates a "cytokine storm" where your body's immune system over produces these; leading to your body actually damaging itself. (At least that's what I've gathered from articles and blogs I've read about it)

Aetiology: Swine flu and deaths in healthy adults--cytokine storm?

12. loloololol

13. Precisely!

14. This has caused such an influx of patients coming in to the ER. Its causing me alot of work. Go to your PCP please!

15. We've had a potential break out in Australia already. :eek: