Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by RobHecht, Jul 6, 2006.

1. does anyone know what the name of the drug johnny depp was doing out of the brown dropper bottle in the hotel room where his attorney looked like a monster and there was pink smoke everywhere? looks like some scary shit.

2. Not sure... the extract from the adrenalin gland of a corpse, I believe...

3. adrenocrome. I'm 99% sure thats what it was. But i dont have a clue what it does or where you can get it nor have i ever even heard of it being sold around me.

4. Something like adrenelin, like he said^.

:hello:eric:hello:

5. Pretty sure thats it too.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenocrome

6. Yeah... Andrenablahblahblah..... although it's often believed to have those effects... that's actually a myth. It doesn't do anything, and it's very, very unlikely you'd ever get your hands on some to prove differently. LoL

Edit: Although, I FUCKING LOVE HUNTER S. THOMPSON!

7. Can't believe he's dead. :(

8. haha, thats interesting.

9. According to wiki it is a real drug- Hunter just exaggerated a lot about it

10. Seems pretty sketch. Even erowid doesn't know too much about it.

11. This book was awesome and so were all of his other ones. I especially love the bats and I can't drive through Barstow without looking out for them. But I want to share with you all what I'm reading now - The Deportation Handbook by Claiborne Tchoupitoulas (pen name obviously). Anyway, it's raw and funny, reminds me of Hunter. My friend recommended it to me, said it was
    Hunter-esque, not as much drug usage but lots of Hunter-style ridiculousness.

12. This thread isn't 4 years old or anything...

13. Yeah that was comepletly random to bring this back...but oh well.

14. yeah, im pretty sure in the book he sadi it wasnt a real drug... it is a real thing, but he just exaggerated that shit.

15. its a real drug but the drug in the book/film and its effects were made up, i dont think hunter was aware that a drug with the same name existed.

16. i'm loling that the thread was about Adrenocrome and someone bumped it 4 years later to talk about the book as their first and only post

17. #17 Ooh Ahh Samaras, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    he must have searched something about Fear and Loathing into google and this link came up..he read it...and liked it....so he made a new account and commented...yes....yes...yes thats it...yes...my detective work here is done.

man..this haze is good...