FBI searches Trump's Florida home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Aug 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 garrison68, Aug 9, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    In yet another, more aggressive, attempt to stop Trump from ever running again, the FBI raided his home.

Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI searched former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate as part of an investigation into whether he took classified records from the White House to his Florida residence, people familiar with the matter said Monday.

Trump, disclosing the search in a lengthy statement, asserted that agents had opened up a safe at his home and described their work as an “unannounced raid” that he likened to “prosecutorial misconduct.”

The search, which the FBI and Justice Department did not immediately confirm, marks a dramatic escalation in a months-long probe into how classified documents ended up in more than a dozen boxes located at Mar-a-Lago earlier this year. It occurred amid a separate but intensifying investigation into efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election and added to the potential legal peril for Trump as he lays the groundwork for another run.

Read the rest here: Trump says FBI conducted search at his Mar-a-Lago estate

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. this was either done by design or was the dumbest decision ever made by a political party. i think the results can be predicted. there could have been a nefarious group that orchestrated and ordered this fiasco spectacle to stir unrest with pro-Trump people in order to introduce more "domestic terror" laws, OR, "these people" are so dumb and dangerous to us all such that they could not foresee the trouble this will cause "them". this is a threat to our democracy. if this charade produces nothing there will be turmoil (this could be the plot).

If it happened to an ex-POTUS it could easily happen to me, or any of you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Been browsing various sites to see what the general reaction is. So far most of what I'm seeing (non MSM) has been along the lines of 'A line has been crossed', and/or 'They have all but guaranteed a Trump 2024 victory'. Way too early to tell what the fallout is going to be. But it does not seem to be going in a direction that the 'establishment' expected it to be. More than a few sites have noticed that this occurred the day after announcing 87,000 new IRS Agents. And the recent IRS purchase of 5,000,000 rounds of ammunition to add to the millions of rounds that they already have on hand. Because somehow the 'Internal Revenue Service' needs multiple millions of rounds of ammunition. I'll absorb all the news but suspend believing anything until this plays out a bit. Definitely grabs the attention though, doesn't it? Wonder what else is going on behind the scenes that we're not supposed to notice?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Something, anything to distract people from the realities of China, Ukraine, the economy and Biden's utter incompetence ect ect.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Trumps dick will forever live rent free in the ass of liberals. They just can't get enough of it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Definitely forever in pelosers ass.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Did they find anything or are they that fucking stupid? According to eric trump (great source/s) the safe they opened was empty.

Please tell me the democrats kicked a presidents door down for no reason :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I wounder what Hunter is doing right now..........

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. The more I see and read about what's going on here, in the country I was born in, the more I'm feeling the pain of those that live in a Russian style society. We must stand up and vote the democrats
    out of power before it's late.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Crack and hookers. All day errday. MURICA!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

11. still attempting self-fellatio would be my guess. or in rehab... again.

I'm going with self-fellatio :laughing: :confused_2:

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. Buying a better toilet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Though unprecedented, I doubt the FBI would perform a no knock raid without ALOT and I mean ALOT of evidence.

Do we want presidents and powerful people subject to the rule of law or not?

The idea the FBI launched a raid on a former president would have been approved and monitored at the highest level of the Justice Department; hard to even imagine how high the bar of probable cause must've been for the Bureau to initiate such a politically sensitive search.

A search warrant means an independent federal judge ALSO signed off on the probable cause and, independently, believes evidence there was likely a crime committed AND that more evidence would be found at Mar-a-Lago. That's huge too.

The fact the search apparently didn't leak until basically when word came from Donald Trump himself shows the FBI and the Justice Department conducted this search by the book and a high degree of integrity. No leaks? Impressive. Surely only a small team knew inside DOJ.

Taken together, this is one of the most significant, sensitive, and politically explosive actions the US Justice Department and FBI has ever taken—one of a tiny handful of times it's ever investigated a president.

Bottom line: The FBI & DOJ must've known they had the goods.
    -M.Graff

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I feel the exact opposite. The FBI feels that it can do whatever the F they want to do. Legal or not has absolutely nothing to do with it at this point. If their democratic "Masters" want it done the FBI is more than willing and able to ignore whatever laws it wants to. The ends justify the means in their mind, and fuck any laws that say otherwise. The 'LAW' simply does not apply to them or their actions. Why not? The democratic leaders will break any laws that they have to to protect their personal attack dogs. If you think they needed one single piece of evidence to do what they did then you are fooling yourself and living in a past that no longer exists. The 'Rule of Law' ONLY exists when our Elites need it to protect themselves. Any other time the 'Law' is what They say it is. And fuck everyone else. Especially anyone that has a different opinion than they do. It's starting to look like the only solution will involve the mass executions of a great number of elected and non elected politicians. For Treason and Crimes against the USA and its people. Regardless of what letter they place after their names. Military tribunals, legal trials, or simply Ad-Hoc groups of Citizens deciding enough is enough and handing out death sentences to corrupt politicians and bureaucrats needs to become the new Normal.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I'm not gonna take their word for it, that'd be pretty naive.

If there's evidence lets see it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Well the 3 letter organizations have always been enemy number one, but it would be silly to think that they only act when they feel it can be justified and go straight to a court - but we shall see what happens. It’s all speculation. I understand where you’re coming from.

if trump was corrupt and there was evidence of it you’d be fine with this correct? I hope this happens to every politician who thinks they are above the law - Biden, Obama, Hillary - whoever.

I was just explaining the literal process of executing a search warrant.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Look hard enough and we're all fucked. Imagine the feds arming themselves to the hilt and separating from legal government.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I have to answer Yes, with provisions. The man Trump, the family Trump, and any business Trump has been investigated, non-stop, for the past 6+ years. At any and ALL levels of government including the highest levels, and by multiple branches of our government. From city/borough levels, to State investigations to full blown Federal investigations costing millions of our tax $. And multiple impeachments attempted. If they had found ANYTHING including jaywalking it would have been plastered all over everywhere and broadcast non-stop. They found not a fucking thing. For all intents and purposes the man is as pure as the driven snow. At least by today's standards. I can't even guess how many "Gotcha" moments we've had over the past 6 years. 100? 200? More? Breaking huge news stories that turned out to be false. Every. Single. Time. And let's be clear here, you asked about evidence of corruption. I am responding to the corruption part, but I am including any Criminal evidence also. Can you think of a single person/family that has been investigated more thoroughly and as often as the Trumps? For as many different reasons as anyone could possibly think of? I would(will) be absolutely absolutely fine when they charge Trump because of the above. It's either a TDS fantasy or manufactured evidence. And also the fact that most likely it will be some petty detail that nobody in their right minds would ever charge someone with. Except for DJT. Because, Orange Man Bad. Something along the lines of : these 12 meaningless and insignificant papers are technically marked Classified and should never have left a certain area. But we found them in Florida so let's make it sound as heinous as possible, and accuse Trump of anything that we can think of. In order to try and make him ineligible to run for office again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. What do you disagree with @garybo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.