Favorite Weed Songs

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Trip, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Love it! 99.9% of people here haven’t heard of these artists and instead listen to utter crap the call hiphop, I only just went to my first concert last year, it was Nas in Glasgow, what a show it was !

2. Yeah it’s all changed so much rap/hiphop is back to one hit wonders. Ya just can’t beat the old stuff so much style.

3. There is some new underground stuff I can get down with,just have to hunt a bit lol, I’ve spent the last 10 years hunting and finding new songs because I always over play what I have found most recently, brother Ali, k-Rino(he must still be pumping out albums)
    Rhyme asylum
    Etc

4. Not hunting for new songs, but hunting for old underground songs I havnt fohnd yet lol,
    One on YouTube called
    First world - mad weed
    Great smoking song

5. I have indeed, not listened to him for a while I must say, I know what I’ll be doing today! I always forget previous artists, I have a fb page where me and 25k others would find and share the music, it kept a good log but there’s only so far you can scroll down before it crashes, that annoying website went downhill

6. Oh that’s cool U remember BIG L

7. I wish more French rappers did English songs. America and France puts out the most rap music I guess.

8. The king of the punchlines..gets shot because they couldn’t get to his brother, I believe he could have been the best, even with such a short career he’s still one of the best in my opinion, And yeah mostly what I hear is American, I’ve never liked the UK rap too much, but that rhyme asylum group I found are from the UK and it’s got a great sound, great lyrics, nothing else out there like it

9. Also that R.A the rugged man is releasing a double album soon, that’s got to be great :)

10. I’ll have to check em out. All the main stream shit sucks all sounds the same. I listen to instrumentals if I get burned out on my playlist.

11. Oh man I’ve never heard of some of these ppl I’m gunna have to book mark this.

12. This kids sick. I heard Dre is trying to sign him

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I hunt day in day out when I’m bored as a hobby, and the amount you find is just never ending, and yes a agree ffff the mainstream crap

14. Here's 4 songs about weed that I personally have in my Music Playlists. I should add more, I'm gonna have to browse this thread and hopefully find some hidden gems and stuff

-'Too High' by Lil Dicky
    -'Smoke Some Weed- by Ice Cube
    -'Kush' by Dr Dre
    -'Kush Coma' by Danny Brown

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. The horrors of browsing this thread while stoned.

I went all the way back to the first page, super excited to play each song that people were recommending. However all the songs were just these old tame lame tunes from way back in the day. I drew the line when people started unironicaly recommending Rick James from the Dave Chappelle skits "Im Rick James Bitch"

Then I realized that I'm no different from these people. One day people will look at my recommendations that I provided to this thread and laugh at how old and lame and ancient our music is. And I will say "This used to cool back in my day, now get off my lawn"

I don't know if I should embrace this universal fact of life, or reject it, and fight against it.

16. Being old, I like the "oldies"! I even have a play list in my List with a bunch more marijuana oldies (It's listed under "Music- (Granny's Play List)" in here New July 2021 "Granny Storm Crow's List" !

This first one is one of my favorites - I have 3 different versions of this song (and I know the boys will like this one!)

“Sweet Marijuana” (2) Gertrude Michael in 'Murder at the Vanities' (music -1934)

And a few more-

“When I get Low, I get High” Ella Fitzgerald (music - 1936)
    “If You’re A Viper” Bob Howard and his Boys (music - 1938
    If You're a Viper - Bob Howard and his Boys (1938)

“Marijuana, the Devil’s Flower” Mr Sunshine (music - 1951)

“Illegal Smile” John Prine (music - 1971)

“One toke over the line” Gail Farrell and Dick Dale on “The Lawrence Welk Show” (music - 1971) (This one was funny since the Lawrence Welk Show was as "straight" and "family friendly" as can be! I think it only got in because it mentioned Jesus. :rolleyes: )

“Marijuana Boogie” From “Zoot Suits” (music - 1981) https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=RDNjdETBXwDo8&v=6QVtPstvHKE

“Marijuana” The Fugs (music – 2006 remaster) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St733RXSXpI

Hope you enjoyed the music!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like the first 2 you listed. I've found that I actually enjoy music from the 1920's-1940's and also really ancient music like classical piano music from the dark ages or whatever age its from.

But for some reason I hate 1960's-1980's music. I'm not really sure why, it just doesn't vibe with me I guess

What do you ("oldies") think of modern music, like the mainstream rap music that's become the big thing during these recent times? Or electronic music?

18. Here's this country weed song by a genuine redneck from Kansas or Kentucky or something.

Not usually a fan of country music but I do enjoy listening to this one

19. @NO-SC0PER I have a rather eclectic taste when it comes to music. My Mom belonged to a record club back in the early 1960s, so we had lots of classical and world folk music to listen to. Mom was an accomplished pianist who often "announced" our bedtime by playing "Moonlight Sonata".

I enjoy a wide variety of music - just about everything but "tears in my beers" country, "angry" heavy metal, and rap. On my Pandora station, I have a mostly mix of middle eastern, folk fusion, Medieval, and Celtic music.

And you may enjoy these- hildegard von bingen music - Google Search

Granny

• Like Like x 1