Favorite Store-Bought Salsa

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by CarloMarx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. #1 CarloMarx, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
    Share your favorites salsas that you buy at the store, blades! I'm always trying out as many new varieties/brands as I can in search of a favorite, but I've yet to find one that really knocks my socks off.

I'm more of a medium kind of guy and really love jalapenos. Occasionally I can go for some habanero salsa :D

This what I currently have:
    [​IMG]

It's pretty good- 8/10

2. i make a lot of fresh salsa though so i don't eat store bought salsa all that often. i've been wanting to try ms. renfro's ghost-chili salsa, sounds intriguing, i love spicy food. but anyway, newman's own black bean and corn is probably my favorite store bought salsa currently

Attached Files:

3. I'll add it to my list. Ms. Renfro's salsa are pretty good although I havent seen the one you mentioned. I'll keep an eye out for it.

4. i have only really eaten tostitos salsa, its decent.

5. This is literally the easiest and best salsa I've just about ever had. I know you said store-bought, but screw that. I've been wanting to make salsa like this one restaurant that's authentic and this is the closest I've come in awhile surprisingly (and I worked as and consider myself a good cook).

The only work you need to do is open two cans, chop half an onion, half (or whole depending on spice preference) jalapeno, juice from half a lime and cilantro. Add all of this to a blender and pulse until smooth or whatever consistency you want.

Thank me later, this literally takes 5-10 minutes and you have more than a whole jar of salsa.
    1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
    1 10oz can of Original Rotel (diced tomatoes w/ chiles)
    1/2 onion
    1/2 jalapeno
    juice of 1 lime
    salt and pepper to taste

6. i haven't seen it either but a friend of mine has tried it and i've seen it on their site. according to him its like the devil stuck his dick in your mouth but it burns in a good way

7. Is it habanero or something?

8. tried the mrs renfro's ghost chili salsa. very good. nice smokey flavor and hot. so hot. so very hot. it was wonderful. my mouth was on fire and i shit lava afterwards but it was so tasty

9. Pace Picante Sauce. [​IMG]

what I live on.

10. Newman's Own is my top choice when I'm at the grocery store. Green Mountian Gringo was a close 2nd but I haven't seen it on the shelf in a long time.

When tomatoes and the like are plentiful in summer I tend to go with salsa from scratch though

11. Nothing beats making a huge batch of homemade salsa especially when you've grown the veggies all yourself (mainly). Soo rewarding, And you can make it to your custom taste. I always like to add a kick of lime at the end to cool it out.

12. I'll agree that homemade salsa beats store-bought any day of the week. But the veggies I grow during the summer don't last for any significant amount of time afterwards. So when it's February, I resort to buying it from the store :eek:

But once the garden gets going, I plan on making a huge batch of organic goodness to dip my chips in.

13. Newman's Own Mango Salsa is by far my favorite, definitely worth a try.They have so many interesting flavors online. Want to try the peach and pineapple too. And all proceeds go to a good cause.

14. [quote name='"Cpb4"']Newman's Own Mango Salsa is by far my favorite, definitely worth a try.They have so many interesting flavors online. Want to try the peach and pineapple too. And all proceeds go to a good cause.[/quote]

The peach is good but might be a lil too sweet for some. My fave though has to be Casa Gallardos salsa you buy in a jar.