Favorite Sports Moments 2016

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Twistedd, Nov 11, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    What are some of your favorites sports moments from this year? Whether it's a gland slam in the world series, just a random play during the regular season of football, or some interesting fan moments in the stands, post the videos or pictures here.​

• Like Like x 4
  2. the ending of the ncca basketball tournament. im basically a crack head waiting for unc to win another tourney so im still beyond triggered about the outcome but it was a crazy game especially the comeback unc made and then......

• Like Like x 6
  3. This was my favorite moment. :)

(Besides the win, of course.) ;)

• Like Like x 3
  4. As a UNC fan that was so heartbreaking, but still easily the best college bball championship game I've ever seen.

So many awesome moments happened this year.

North Dakota State Bison win their 5th consecutive FCS national championship

the un-ranked Coastal Carolina Chanticleers win the college baseball world series.

Kobe scoring 60 points in his last game of his career.

Peyton Manning retiring as a two time Superbowl champ.

LeBron James and the Cavs coming back from down 3-1 to beat the record breaking Golden State Warriors and to give Cleveland their first title in decades and the Cavaliers their first championship ever.

And the Cubs.... snapped the 108 year drought. 'nuff said.

Been quite an awesome year so far for sports.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'd have to say that America's bong rippin' Gold Medalist Michael Phelps medaling in Rio this summer was quite a highlight for me.Bolt

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

8. And people go crazy when a basketball player throws an orange ball into a metal rim.... this is real balls, real sport, where a mistake can kill your ass in a millisecond flat

• Like Like x 1
  9. My life as a well dressed foot on the run

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Andy Murray becoming the Number 1 Singles Tennis player in the world, and his brother Jamie becoming the Number 1 Doubles player. Us Scots never cared about Tennis until Murray came along, and now we have the two best tennis players in the world - not bad for a wee country like Scotland eh! IMG_1479749992.273937.jpg IMG_1479750000.970762.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. It was nuts watching this happen live.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Cavs coming back against all odds down 3-1 in the Finals to win it all , making it the first time in Finals history to come back from a deficit like that. Lebron and Irving freaking willed that team to the finish line, it was truly amazing to watch. I rewatched game 7 a few days back and I still can't believe that Kyrie 3 to seal the game... unbelievable.

I'm a Lakers fan but I was real happy for Cleveland to finally win one, and my respect for Lebron went up a whole nother level.

13. I liked it when Bristol City FC won top of the league and were promoted out of Football League 1 (3rd tier).

14. Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea. I've waited years for Wenger to finally beat Mourihno. I can't stand the Blues. Money can't buy class.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This is the last known video of the football team who was involved in a plane crash in Colombia.
    Brazil's Chapecoense football team in Colombia plane crash - BBC News

"The team had been due to play in the final of the Copa Sudamericana, against Medellin team Atletico Nacional. Organisers say Atletico Nacional has asked for Chapecoense to be awarded the cup."