favorite rpg

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by misterwolf999, Oct 7, 2014.

1. mine is without question dungeon siege 2. lots of Easters eggs.fun powers. cool plot. and plenty of game hours 

2. Depends on the style of RPG, really. For JRPG's it's a toss up between FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX.
    For lootcrawlers I'd say Path of Exile and Torchlight 2.
    As for action, probably Skyrim and Fallout 3.
    Turn based would be Shadowrun Dragonfall and Wasteland 2.

3. Probably fallout 3

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Ultima online.

Can't wait for shroud of the avatar. Hope they don't change the core of the game. What made it epic.

"what is a bunny of fish?" - Christopher Brown

5. #5 Elem3nt17, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    If I was forced to choose I would say Dragon Age origins. Yeah the combat system was clunky and weird, but it was still really engaging and difficult. The story was really well done I thought and I loved the character interaction and dialogue choices.

It's very hard to call it my favorite though since there are so many so I'll list a few more of my faves.

Skyrim, when it first came out I was blown away, I put like 300 hours into it in the first month or two. Looking back on it it has its flaws, the story plays out the same no matter what you do or say in game, as open as the world is the story is very linear. Even still though the game as a whole was a pure joy to play. I spent so much time just wandering around taking screenshots of beautiful sights. I still play it from time to time.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, What can be said about these games besides they are pure gold. Yeah the engine has a massive amount of bugs, but besides the game breaking ones they are quite amusing. The action is so visceral, the stories are interesting, so much time spent just looking through every nook at cranny. I'd say new vegas is the game I've played from start to finished the most of any genre of game, and I've played pretty much every game worth playing since the early 90's haha.

Deus Ex, When this game came out I remember some of my friends playing it but I was too busy with half life and the early iterations of counter strike. I didnt pick it up until like 5 years later but holy crap was it good even then. Really good story, the combat is horrible but it kind of grows you on after a while. The freedom of choice in how you handled the levels was nice.

Morrowind, Again I was blown away by this game when it first came out, I remember feeling so lost but loving every minute of it.

6. Borderlands 2!

7. #7 vengeance23, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    Anyone ever heard of legend of the dragoon on ps1. It was 4 discs and was a really hard game although I was young At the time. I was fucking obsessed with it I had to restart cause my memory card failed and deleted days and days of playtime. Was onto the end of the second cd and it happened again. Anyway, fucking bad ass game wouldn't mind finding it again

8. Elder scrolls
    Fallout series
    Fable 1 and 2

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. ^^^^^^^^

10. Oldschool runescape

11. Chrono Trigger

12. Elder scrolls: Morrowind
    The first Mass Effect(only true RPG in the series)
    Fallout 3/New Vegas

I thought Skyrim was alright, though I feel like they could have done a lot of things better with their budget/timeframe.

13. Mario RPG was pretty popular I wonder why they didn't make mmore of them

hey man. ba-a-a-ack off. I can be a sheep all I want!

14. Im guessing it got two complicated to find the princess

15. I'm sure you got.plenty of other awesome.ones along the way tho

hey man. ba-a-a-ack off. I can be a sheep all I want!

16. zelda on nes was a classic. Action rpg then u had the ff on super nintendo. Chrono trigger was a classic. Then ps had all the ff. With better graphics. Rpg were some of my favorites tonplay growing up. All the mana and land. The beast all amazing

17. Surprised no one said these yet.
    Ff7
    Zelda ocarina of time
    Banjo kazooie

18. Probably the RPG-7 but the RPG-7V2 is good too!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Fallout 3
    Diablo 1 and 2

Though I'm not much of an RPG guy, my game library is like 90% shooters other than my nintendo collection

[​IMG]