Favorite Gifts?

Discussion in 'General' started by happyhacker, Dec 25, 2016.

1. what were your favorite gifts that you gave or received?

2. Received:
    This Christmas my father paid my bills. It's so disheartening thinking that this is the kind of gift that makes me happy now. Time to rummage through old pictures to nostalgize of simpler times.

Given:
    I'm not sure if these have to be Christmas related, but for Mothers Day two or so years ago I rented a hotel down by the beach for my mom and I. I got there early and set up the room with her favorite snacks, balloons, a Hispanic Barbie Nurse (were Puerto Rican and she's a nurse. And collects barbies.) reading a home improvement magazine, and other gifts for her.

I left a note that morning for when she got home from work that was all sappy and made her cry, which I'm quite proud of because she's only cried twice in her life, NOT EVEN WHEN HER FATHER DIED. So then I picked her up with more balloons in the car and flowers and took her to the hotel room. I took her to dinner that night and we walked the boardwalk after. Rest of the weekend was girl time at the beach pretty much.

It felt awesome spoiling my mom, she definitely deserved it!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skateboard and a coffee grinder. And I got smoked out by some people I met up here at the park. I'm gonna smoke out all my skatepark friends when I get back home. Not my lil bro tho cuz he's been kind of an asshole lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. My boyfriend wrapped my gifts in cupcake wrapping paper (I'm a baker) and I cried. I cried over wrapping paper. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. Given: http://jonsguide.org/best-top-girls-power-wheels-reviews/
    For me the best gift is giving a gift. I love the way my little cousins smile when they receive a gift, the way there puffy cheeks turn a crimson red. And before they start at the wrapping paper, they shake the box, trying to guess what’s inside. And after they open tear the paper off the box, you can see the excitment in their eyes, building up as they show it off to the family members gathered around.

You know they love it because they don’t scream, they don’t jump, they don’t say a sarcastic thank you. You know they love it because they examine the box in disbelief, thankful for what they received.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Money. Money for parts and stuff for my rigs lol.
    And weed related things like new bong. Or something. I'm a simple man haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I gave one daughter a hover board. My other daughter loves to travel and so she got some luggage. The excitement and squeals they made is indescribable.