Favorite Fruit?!

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by ParbakeJake, Feb 4, 2011.

1. So I'm blazed and at the store... and fruit is on my mind! I'm not sure what to get.. thinking either some strawberries and grapes. with oranges. Had to snag some dried pineapple chunks : ) those are the best.

What about you guys n gals? I know going to the store whilst high isn't the best idea, but what are some of your favorite foods to get!

2. mango /thread

gets u high

3. apples
    oranges
    raspberries
    strawberries
    pineapple

and my favorite...

[​IMG]
    NOM NOM NOM

4. Mangos, bananas, pomegranates and peaches.

5. ORGANIC BLUEBERRIES FTW!!!!!!
    HEAVENLY CURE 4 COTTON MOUTH!!! :hello:
    [​IMG]

6. apples, grapes and berries (raspberry and strawberries-with-sugar)

when you've got the munchies, they are so damn good... the awesome crunch of a nice apple, the great bursting of a ripe grape between your teeth... the sheer "OMG" of raspberries and strawberries...

damn, you're making me hungry.

though, isn't eating a mango while you're high not going to do much? i thought you had to eat them about an hour before smoking to get the benefeit of being extra high?

7. I like most fruits. Every evening at 6:30, I set my 22 month old grandson up in his high chair next to my LazyBoy and we eat grapes and Vanilla Wafers and watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon (his favorite) for an hour before I put him to bed. We do this every single day. It's called goody goody time and he gets all excited when he sees me cutting up grapes, then we start yelling "goody goody goodies" back and forth to each other :p. One of my goofy little guilty pleasures in life.

8. oranges !

and pineapple.. and watermelon.. and grapes, preferably frozen.

9. Pears, pineapple, oranges..

10. mangos and mandarin oranges, blueberries are really good too:p

11. pomegranate is the shit. just a pain in the ass to eat. can buy the juice though.

12. Pain in the ass to eat?! Thats the best part of it man! It's what makes eating it so fun!

13. Strawberry by a wide margin.

Mango, papaya, and pineapple are all pretty damn good too.

And I will go through phases where I'll eat like 4 oranges a day for like 2 weeks. And then not eat them again for several months. But if I'm in the mood, orange is as good as any fruit.

14. Fresh Hawaiian pineapple--the pineapple that is available in mainland grocery stores doesn't compare at all.

15. fresh pineapple when i lived in hawaii....but other than that.....bananas.....strawberries.....sunkist oranges

16. so many types of apples

Red delicious apples are the signature of the American apple-growing industry. The red delicious is a beautiful apple-deep red, tall and thin compared to rounder varieties, and always grown big. It's a lightning rod for those who advocate local growers and varieties, as it is the most popular eating and snacking apple sold in supermarkets. It's a sweet-tart, crisp apple with a thick, bitter skin and strong flavor. It tastes great eaten raw. It's not a good apple for baking, however.
    Golden delicious apples are not related to red delicious, although they were named by the same company, Stark Brothers. It has a thin skin, a sweeter taste than red delicious, and a firm, crisp, juicy texture. It's rounder and fatter than red delicious, and it's a perfectly good apple for snacking. It really comes into its own, however, as a baking apple-its sweet flavor and firm texture hold up well in the oven.
    Granny Smith apples are green-they were the first green apples on the American market. They have a mild flavor with a good balance of sweetness and tartness, and are surprisingly durable-they hold up well under shipping and can sit in cold storage for half a year without going bad. It's an unremarkable apple for raw eating, but does very well in sauces, especially applesauce.
    Winesap apples have a lot of character. They're tart, even spicy, with a distinctive flavor and aroma of wine. Not everybody likes to eat them raw-their flavor is a bit strong for most-but those who do are passionate about them. They tend to be smaller than most apples in the supermarket, and are not as often found in typical grocery store produce sections-although they're a good-looking apple, small and round and colored a deep, dark red. Winesaps are often used as cider apples as well as in baking and sauces.
    Gala apples are a stunning apple to look at-with a golden skin finely mottled with red. They're actually a cross between Golden Delicious and a New Zealand variety called a Kidd's Orange Red. The inside flesh is a creamy yellow color, and it's mild and sweet-tasting. It's a good snacking apple, considered a bit more interesting in flavor than a Golden Delicious by most, although it can be a bit bland when baked.
    McIntosh apples were developed by a farmer named John McIntosh in Ontario, Canada, in 1870. The apple is still a success today, and is the top-selling variety in North America. It's been cross-bred with other varieties to create other well-known apples, including Cortland, Empire, and Spartan. McIntosh apples are round and red, usually retaining some green mottling even when ripe. They have a white flesh with a spicy, aromatic flavor and plenty of juice. They tend to hold up well as pie apples, and are excellent for snacking.
    Rome apples, sometimes called “Rome Beauty,” originate in Rome, Ohio. They're a round, plump apple with an appealing red color. The flesh has a greenish cast, and it tastes crisp and lightly tart. Rome apples have a thick skin that make them less than perfect for snacking, but they're great for cider-making and for baking as well.
    Gravenstein apples were first grown in the U.S. around the 1700's. They're round and reddish-green, with a thin skin and lots of juice. The taste is tartly acidic, with a strong flavor and a touch of sweetness. Its taste has been described as reminiscent of white wine, and it makes an excellent baking apple. Its personality really comes through, however, in ciders where its tart flavor makes for a deliciously dry drink. Gravensteins are considered an antique variety now, and there has been renewed interest in it as an heirloom apple.

17. Favorite fruit = avacado
    Favorite fruity fruit = mangoes

18. pineapple and plums

19. Same here.Tried to rep you but I have to "spread it around," fuck that.

20. Pineapple and red plums* imo.