Favorite book or book series?

Discussion in 'General' started by Ta'veren, Feb 11, 2005.

1. My favorite book series is the wheel of time. My old favorite used to be the lord of the rings, but Thw Wheel of Time is 20 times better, I couldn't believe how amazing it is. What about all of you?

2. Has anyone read Ender's Game or Enders Shadow?

I highly recomend them. We read them in high school in Fantasy Sci-fi. If you have kids I would say 9yrs. and up they would definatly like this series.
    It's about a bunch of super smart kids who go to this place calle "battle School" to learn hoe to be the future commanders of the world. Awesome series.

3. i aint started the wheel of time yet, but in a similar vein (i think this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than LOTR) is the RUNELORDS, the first book *outa 4) is called the sum of all men
    the film will be out sometime in the next few years and sadly it didnt get a LOTR style budget but it should still rock anyway!!!

4. In like 9th grade we did this thing where were readin books like the Giver, Animal Farm, Farenhiet 311, and 1984. I think they the whole theme of those kind of books is really interesting my fave was 1984.

Also some other really good books are the Donald Goines Collection. Like Street Players, Inner City Hoodlum, and Never Die Alone.

5. but, i got to lay out Forgetten Realms The Dark Elf Trilogy. if you know you know if you dont, you dont, its a simple as that.

6. i dont like authors ideas and opinions, its all bullshit. just smoke yo! :smoke:

7. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller is probably my favorite book of all time. it's fucking brilliant. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut and Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradburry are also among my favorites.

8. you mean fahrenheit 451 ? i hated that book

9. can't say I have a favorite book, but the best one I've read in over a year is 1984 by Orwell, such a trip.

My favorite series is eithe The Dark Tower series by stephen king or, of course, The Lord of the Rings.... c'mon, they kicked ass