fate

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by puffpuffpass714, May 7, 2012.

1. what if every emotion you have ever felt was not caused by your surroundings, but simply by god giving you the emotion. like think about it; before a person commits an act of violence or misconduct, it's because god wants society to change and the only way of doing that was to allow them to see 3rd person.(run on?)

hahah not really even religous but just thought ot it.

people commit murder because the population would inevitably grow too large, so the emotion is placed in a few individuals a day. lol too high. :wave:

2. thats actually an understandable thought.

but if murder was an undetectable action from 'god' then what happens when watermelons overpopulate?

3. i dont know about other peoples beleifs but for me god gave man free choice simple plain and pure as that. read the bible.

4. If this were the case then there would be no freedom; we'd all be puppets. Not the say that we aren't already puppets (from innumerable influences) but I choose to not dwell on such ideas. Because honestly, we'll never know if god exists or not. It's just impossible to know, better to think about things that DO control us or at least have influence on us, such as the media, our own biological makeup, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

5. #5 puffpuffpass714, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    to an above poster, when i think of god( an immortal all powerful being) i dont think of jesus's father. Im sorry, but the god im referring to it the person who created life on the large scale, and not simply the life you see around you. im talking about the "thing" responcible for the big bang etc.

often when i think of "god", or have dreams of "god", i imagine an extra dimensional being, which is an increadibly tripping concept. I believe that the universe does in deed have a "creator" but ill be damned if any of the religous works illustrate "him" properly.

thanks for assuming christianity was the religon i practice btw:rolleyes:.

6. this was the poster i was referring to. lol not sure how reading the bible would help me out here. it was a simple thought; simple, plain and pure as that.

7. no i meant that as for my personal beleifs god has given me free choice. i did not mean it in a way that said go read the bible or youll die in hell lol.