fat nugs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gotta smokem all, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Post some pictures. You still have two or three weeks left if you're growing indica.

2. so they fatten up inn next 3 weeks? they both indica

Attached Files:

3. that's because they use SCROG and you dont

4. but my top cola isnt even as big as one of them colas

5. What light are they under.

6. If those are pictures of your grow, you have a ways to go! They will fill in and fatten up faster than you think!  A lot of the nice, tight nugs are specific to certain strains...I'm finishing up a Blueberry and the nugs are hard already, and all I've done is a wet trim. They should be nice and tight by the time they are completely finished! I do add G-10 (by Humboldt Farms) to my girls....I use 1 teaspoon per gallon of pH corrected water. You can use it everyday, but I use it every other day. Makes a big difference! I'm thinking of switching to every day.....robust plants can handle it. Hope it helps!  :gc_rocks:

7. i only got 2 weeks well techinically 3 weeks so they will fatten up in time? the bigger one is criticual kush, smaller blue hash, i was thinking blueberry next grow, worthwhile strain? i have heard good things.how is the yeild?

8. They will fatten up a lot....I grow Critical Kush as well and she'll not disappoint! Let her go to the end! Just getting ready (in a couple of days of drying) to try the Blueberry...she's a short but very stocky plant! I'm amazed at the yield for her size....short and stocky and yields close to 2 oz. per. Mine did anyway, so I'm quite happy! The proof will be in the smoke, so I'll check back and let you know....Leafly.com says 'Outstanding' so I'm sure it is! Try the G-10....you'll like it! Not really a nute, per se, but an additive. Love the stuff!!! Let me know how it goes! 2-3 weeks at the end is high quality grow time! Those buds will fatten nicely!!  :yay:

9. sounds good i guess just wait and see, i will keep you posted, might have to get my hands on this g10 in the meanwhile :p

10. Patience is a virtue.

11. oh its not that i was just wanting to know what happens at this point in life for the plant and when buds start to finish up, i have less experience in flowering around this time, last harvest i didnt get to.

12. Word, I hear ya man. But believe me when I tell ya, these last few weeks are a bitch. What I'm saying is wait on em a bit, because some strains will look totally finished, but if you give em another week, they'll really pack on some weight.

Your plants look very healthy. Nice work man.

13. yhh i get ya, all i wanna do is smoke em xD but i will defo wait if they fattenup, thanks man!

14. my temps stay areound 30c could that cause a problem?
    i do have good airflow but temps stay around 28c-30c lights on

15. beautiful plants dude, if i were growing that I'd be so satisfied, looks like harvest could be like 2-4 ounces

16. Another one with nine million four hundred thirty five thousand, two hundred and seventeen answers....

Easiest general answer...don't sweat it. Some strains develop loose, fat buds, others long loose buds, some develop tiny dense buds that are damn near rocks. That's the plant, not the way you treated it.

Budding cycle is 54-60 days, most plants (regardless of genotype and phenotype), and just like anything else, it's towards the end of development that any "fattening up" happens. To put it simply, during veg, your plant is going through "childhood", when it shows sexual characteristics first, it's JUST starting to show the difference, physically, between "boy" and "girl"...call it "first heat" for an animal comparison.

But...put it in human terms...when they first show sexual characteristics, that's when a human girl first starts getting tits and has her period...but flowering is "pregnancy", which usually won't happen until they've gone through a terminal growth spurt as an adolescent, and remains so small as to be unnoticeable for the first third of it, is noticeable, but small, for the second third of it, but during the third and final stage, the poor girl swells up like she swallowed a self-inflating beach ball.

My last indoor crop, I had a Dion Warwick, and a Cherry Pie in there...the Warwick gave me LONG, skinny, loose buds. Good ones, though. Same exact conditions, the Pie gave me tiny little dense nugs that were rock hard. Yield by weight was about the same, dried. Quality in both was AMAZING. Only difference was strain of plant. Absolutely nothing else in conditions differed between them. Same soil, nutes, feeding pattern, lights, enclosure, amount of manicuring and training, development time, period of vegging.

17. DSC_0111.JPG
    G10 works very well..packs on excessive weight. Just make sure ur plants are staked and have strong branching. Or else they'll lean. My Casey Jones clone at 7 weeks flower. This picture is rotated it's actually leaning pretty bad

18. holy shit that top cola must be one heavy fuker to lean that much...what you reckon? 1oz nug?