Fat buds

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by W.A. grower, Mar 6, 2009.

1. I trim my buds at about 10 days - 2 weeks, just the tips though. almost like topping them.

This increases bud size and weight, Mr. Postman is first introduced this tek to me

Anyone want to try it?

2. i do something similar in concept, by removing my lowest 4-8 growth tips about 2 weeks into flower....they go back to veg as clones, but it also helps develop the remaining buds more thoroughly

3. You first! ;) LOL.

4. There was an experiment covered on another forum (journal) where a bro literally clipped EVERY fan leave as though it was a clone (clipping off the tips of the leaves only).

Amazingly - it resulted in a plant with some serious bud action and minimal leaf.... personally, I just can't see myself clipping EVERY fan leaf. I'll stick with breeding and genetics to get that 'bigger' bud.

5. Never would have guessed that could work.
    Any links?

6. #6 ricard0, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    *DITO* :smoke: = :D

7. Interesting ideas, but does anyone have a link or article or something to back it up? :D

8. This an interesting concept but I'm a little confused on how this would make your buds fatter. Is this the basic idea that clippng the top would slow vertical growth allowing the sides to continue to grow. To me this seems like unnesscary stress which would lead to hermies. I personall do not think this would work because haulting upward growth wouldn't allow bud to continue to grow tall, which is the opposite of what you are trying to do. Also stressing a plant seems to hault growth. I could be far off and would love to see what others have to say about this.