Fastest time you quit your job?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 752956, Jan 31, 2014.

1. First real job, I quit after one week. I got certified as a Harley tech and started working at a shop in San Fernando Valley, CA. straight out of school, a week later I was offered a job at another HD shop in Ventura, CA. so I quit the valley job. I spent the next couple of years working on bikes and driving the tow truck up and down the coast between Malibu and Santa Barbara. I drank myself shitty on a daily basis and ended up losing that job too.

Summarized version: One week

2. 5 hours..job lined up to work in a warehouse my first day it was 110+ degrees in the warehouse forsure, my buddy called and said he had dugout tix for the padre game that night asked ifIt was cool if I used the bathroom and just dipped. Funny part is know one called and they sent me a check for the hours I had workedSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I worked selling Direct Tv in Sam's Club and Best Buy for two weeks. It was 6 days a week, and I only got hourly pay for the first week, and it was only for the time I spent in the store. I ended up signing one person up in two weeks and mind you I was in the store for 10 hours a day. On top of that, we had two spend 2-3 hours every morning having meetings, pep talks, and practicing our techniques. Also there were a few nights where I had to go back after working in the store for a meeting.
    All in all, I quit because I realized it was a scam and that I am not meant for sales. Being rejected by hundreds of people a day was miserable. I told the boss I wanted to quit and walked out that night with like 250 bucks for my two weeks of work.

4. First job i ever quit , was at a laundromat, 12 hour shifts over night cleani g and being a cashier at a laundromat. Place was a hangout for crazy bums so safety was wtf had to sleep with a eye open when it got quiet at 4am. First shift was slave work but second shift i had to quit because a bum jerked off i. The bathroom and left a condom on the seat. The place smelled like piss and the owner was ripping my pay off saying things went missing. Apparrtly she did this to everyone who worked there. Oh yeah first shift i did i had to call 911 for a lady who was going into labor and ask if she is bleedi g from her vagina.

Second job i quit was toyrsus. After 3 days because the place was hell. Left to be a parking lot guy at a catering hall. All i did was stand arounnd for hours in whatever weather making sure their was space to park in the lots. It was cold hot raining snowing or my boss being a bitch. Only upside was tips, weekly pay, my friends chilling with me and smoking weed and black and milds. But damn being by ur self for 8 hours can drive u crazy. Some days i would just leave a hour early and not say shit. After a year i left in december couldt take freezing i. The winter anymore...

5. 2 or 3 months. It was a seasonal job at this engraving store. It was actually a laid back gig. Once the seasonal position ended they kept me on but it was 8 hours a week. They literally only had me come in to cover other peoples breaks for 2 hours. I just stopped coming in, that b/s only last about two weeks.

6. Damn bro that's rough.

7. Hour and a half.
    Selling knives. Jesus h christmas...
    I ain't shellin out no 250$ for a set of steenkin' knives, ese'.

8. One bum would literally foam at the mouth as he tried to convince me to give him the key to the cash register

Another would ride around in a wheelchair smelling like piss and try to talk me to death about irrelavent shit

I woke up on my second shift to see a bum sleeping with a shoe off and his shirt off

All of this for $75 minus- what ever items are missing

9. I was in college and was wanting a job for a little bit of extra cash, got a job through a temp service.  I ended up working at a walmart distribution center and i was a loader with about 5-8 other guys.  Didnt know I was going to be doing this type of work, as my bad has always been a problem.  It was pretty much us manually loading a semi truck.  I dont know why they didnt use pallets and forklifts, but they gave us back belts for lifting and I think during our 1st break, or after a couple of hrs of being there, I went to my car and left.  Screw walmart and that shit, was what I was thinking at the time. 

Another job I was suppose to be working with my friends doing landscaping at these fair grounds where I live.  Instead I got hired on for 'operations' which I didnt know what it was, but it was janitor type work for not even decent pay, 8$.  Well I found out what it really was the 2nd day and didnt come back for the 3rd.  I remember shoveling out horse crap from these stalls with prision workers.  They  had this real big horse event when I was there , and since I was the new guy, I had to do the 'bitch work' which was taking out the trash, which was by all the horse stalls where many hot women were at.  It was pretty humiliating, as most of these chicks were rich too.

Other than that, I've been a great worker.  haha

10. I quit before the job started. Was qualified for the job, had everything set, and was ready to work. However, drug test was required. Never showed up after.

11. Like a month after being "dish bitch" at a restaurant my first year of college. Just got so sick only making minimum wage and only like 15 hours a week. Never again.

12. An education will make job hunting joyful.  I am totally not saying you are not educated, but I just remember when I had to put up with bullshit as a teenager.

Once when I was 18 I got a temp job that was going to assist the Pacific Railroad by directing traffic away from an intersection that they were doing maintanance on.  I showed up early and talk to the head guy to see where I was to be stationed and he told me that he won't speak to me and rolled his eyes.  After everyone showed up he started his spiel about the days operation and then looked at me, which I wasn't talking, and said that if I couldn't pay attention that I can get the fuck out.  I started to leave and he asked where was I going, I said getting the fuck out.  He got really mad and walked up to me and got in my face yelling that I couldn't because they are short staffed and I wouldn't get paid if I left.  I pushed him back with two palms to the throat and then said to everyone that they were a witness to his actions and I acted in self defense.  I left. 

13. Should retitle the thread, "How do you give stoners have a bad reputation?"

• Like Like x 1
  14. #54 Foxtrot, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Eight days, I worked at a recycling plant when I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for jobs. Good pay, but horrible boring coworkers (they always asked me why I never came to the staff room during breaks) who sat in silence drinking bad instant coffee.

It was literally one of those conveyor belt jobs where you pull rubbish off and put them into chutes. The smell, the motion sickness caused by the constant moving belt, the horrible postural issues from reaching forward and standing 8-10 hours a day, you need a mask to stop microdust getting into your lungs, you need glasses to stop microdust getting into your eyes, but if you use both your mask forces hot air into your glasses so you can't see. I literally had these major internal introspections every single day caused by that place because to work there you literally need to disconnect your brain and body and just go auto-pilot. Oh and don't get me started on the stuff you actually dealt with taking off the belts. That's the stuff you throw in your regular non-recycling rubbish bin. I handled that.

Waking up at 5:30 to be ready to start work at 7:00, working on these things until 10:30 with no breaks/toilet, fifteen minute break, work again until 1:00 to get a thirty minute break, work again until 4:30pm. It'd take me probably an hour to an hour and a half to get home so it'd be 6:00 and I'd get three hours to myself before I'd want to be winding down to sleep for the next day's work. Not to mention that micro dust would get through the mask anyway and I'd be blowing black stuff out of my nose and coughing the entire way home.

All this five or six days a week. My sympathies to those who are forced into a position to work there. It really does make you appreciate whatever other work you get, because in my mind, I know it'll never be as bad as that place.

15. #55 himan235, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    my fellow UPS package bitch?? Working 50 foot trailers all by yourself?
    I left 1st day on my own. I wish I looked online before applying.
    WORST part- I spent 2 months pursuing the job only to quit their shit hole after 5 hours- AND I FUCKING ABSOLUTELY GAVE IT MY BEST and almost hurt myself trying too hard. 
    They first lied to me on the beginning tour and didnt show us exactly what we would be doing.
    Went thru a week of training in the classroom- PASSED 100% 
    For a 2 days I spent with the trainer was okay, but then the
    FIRST day I came in by myself was bullshit, no one told me where or what I was to work on. The supervisor stood around just staring at me until I had to say something like WTF AM I DOING???? HELLO NEW GUY FIRST FUCKING DAY !!
    The lazy bitch DIDNT KNOW! Just told me to start doing something! I said OK and just waddled into a trailer, after that it was one problem after another. 
    the equipment didnt work right I spent more time trying to get the fuckin thing to scan I traded out scanner 3 times while, it kept loosing connection 
    I was told by the dumbass bitch supervisor of mine I was in apparently now in charge of the return slide, as well as 1 more trailer. Giving me 2 trailers. As you guess, shit starts piling up on both trailers- instead of getting someone else they bitch me out so it was HILARIOUS how hard I tried looking back it was just plain stupid 
    Imagine a cartoon character with one cup trying to collect the water from 3 running facuets AT THE SAME TIME . yes me running back and forth, mind you your supposed to remember the trailers are going to separate places so you have to READ every zip code. So I'm fucking up trying to run between trailers mixing up one for another. 
    Yea I'm stepping on so many packages but my supervisor just keep them coming.
    All while getting bitched to LEAVE MY TWO trailers and handle the return slide. It was like a fucking CARTOON how fast I was trying to multitask and juggle. Of course I get back to my trailers and PACKAGES all over the floor it was impossible! AND IT WAS! 
    THEN- THE FUCKING LIGHTS GO OUT AND I'M FORCED TO WORK IN THE DARK for over and hour while they try to fix
    Now by now any sane person would have said fuck it BUT NO!! I'm still commited and continue until it went TOO FAR
    THEY WANTED ME TO WORK WELL INTO 12+ hr shift. Basically saying until you get this done YOU ARENT LEAVING
    It was an hour past my scheduled time and I said FUCK IT
    I just walked outta of the trailer , pacakages overflowing all over FUCK EM 
    I went to HR and told them theyve got real problems and left 
    I didnt even care about the pay I was so pissed I just wanted to get out before I had a heart attack.

The best part was I was pissed at being blown off so I said fuck it in the last hour I just spent tossing packages into the trailer in no special order fucking up everything, IT WASNT until I fucked up and scanned a wrong pacakge- of course 1 sec after you do a BAD SCAN they're on you like a gestapo. So that was kinda like my 911 call since everyone else told me to piss off. Yea, they dont give a shit about you UNTIL you fuck up a scan. So I left them with 2 fucked up trailers and a huge mess. thanks for helping the new guy! I had no regrets I left. They were assholes to me and apparently the place has a HUGE turnover rate for bad management. 
    Absoulute BEST PART #2 
    They told me I couldnt work for UPS again for 5 yrs, I LAUGHED IN THEIR FACE! 

16. I had a job as a dishwasher at Cracker Barrel, I quit in 2 weeks because the other dish washers wouldn't do shit, and they would also schedule me to work by myself on the Saturdays and Sundays, the worst fucking days.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. 1 day but that was a bogus under the table type job

legit job 4 days (was sniffing unmentionables n the bathroom to put up with there shit) ran out so i said fuck them

18. One time I got fired after 4 shifts. But the guy was a fucking idiot and I had another job set up on the side anyway. That's not really quitting, but ahh

Worked as a dishwasher at a sports bar and grill called Original Joes. Did some food prep for them as well, but mostly just dishwashing.

They'd pull the exact same shit on me man. Expected me to rinse the dishes, rack them, run them through the shitty industrial dishwasher that was WAY too small to accommodate the tidal wave of dishes being thrown at me non stop, dry them and put them all away myself. I also had to clean all of the shit the guys in the back used preparing the food.

With 2 guys working their asses off you could keep a lid on it, by yourself it was just fucking impossible. Can't believe I lasted 6 months at that job.

20. Never quit. First job i have and still have currently. Been there for like 3 years now. Its a cool ass job though because they let me have my job back after i got arrested. Its just so hard trying to find jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app