Fantasy football

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by SourBlunt, Oct 19, 2012.

1. So I am part of a 12 man league on yahoo. Well I dont have a good team this season. And so far my record is 1-5. My best player was ray rice. The reason I say was, is because I traded him earlier today and I want to get your opinions if you think it was a good trade.

So like I said my team sucked. Not to say I didnt have some decent players in certain positions. but it wasn't a very well rounded team. So I traded Andrew luck ray rice and pierre Garcon for Eli Manning Ahmad Bradshaw and Ben Jarvis Green Ellis. Now I realize Ray Rice is a top player, but Eli Manning is a better quarterback than anyone on my team. Also Ahmad Bradshaws stats are compareable to Ray Rice he missed a couple of games due too a small foot injury. but thats in the past. Finally the last reason I did it, is that that I have Victor Cruz on my team. So now I have victor cruise Ahmad Bradshaw and Eli Manning. Between all 3 of them I think they will get me major points.

what do you think?

2. that was a horrible trade, if you'd ask me. haven't that many players on the same team doesn't necessarily help, because that means all the points are split.

3. Good trade Eli is better than luck obviously and bradshaw has been comparable to rice. And the other guys you got Definetely fill the gap between bradshaw and rice.

4. [quote name='"Broosh"']that was a horrible trade, if you'd ask me. haven't that many players on the same team doesn't necessarily help, because that means all the points are split.[/quote]

I already had Victor Cruz. but now let's say Giants decide to focus on the run game. and Victor Cruz does not score as many points as he usually does. that means that Bradshaw will likely be the 1 getting the points. also now I can trade Michael Vick off of my team for another good wide receiver.

5. [quote name='"SmOkiepokie"']Good trade Eli is better than luck obviously and bradshaw has been comparable to rice. And the other guys you got Definetely fill the gap between bradshaw and rice.[/quote]

rice has never givin me 30 fantasy points in one game. That same week Eli Manning scored 65 fantasy points. Now add to Victor Cruz on top of that and you can see why I might get close to 100 points off of 3 players and maybe even only 2.

6. Bradshaw is hurt and I would guess by around Week 11/12 he'll lose most touches to David Wilson / Andre Brown. just in time for fantasy football playoffs and to fuck you over.

i shouldnt' say it's a horrible trade, it's just not a trade i'd advise doing. but that's just my opinion.

7. Not the best of trades and I never like having that many people on the same team. Just takes points away from each other

8. [quote name='"JH2012"']Not the best of trades and I never like having that many people on the same team. Just takes points away from each other[/quote]

how does it take points away from each other? if anything I'm just picking up the points that I would lose if the offense decides to run the ball more more or pass it more.

just want everyone to know that I won this week. And I still have 2 people playing tomorrow night. but all his players have already played. I did the math and figured out that I wouldn't have won this week if I didn't make the trade. so I'm happy

9. Rice is a very solid RB. Its an alright trade, as long as you have depth at running back. Garcon hasn't done much since getting injured Week 1, so you're basically trading one good player for 3 very decent starters

10. you're losing points because what if Giants get a COMMANDING lead in the game? that means you wont get points from Eli Manning and Victor Cruz because you'll be running. and on the back end, if Giants are getting ANNIHILATED you won't be getting points from Ahmad Bradshaw.

Where-as what if the Ravens are DOMINATING and the Giants are GETTING CRUSHED? that means that Ray Rice, Eli, and Cruz will all be getting you points at the same time. Eli can't throw to Cruz & have Bradshaw run at the same time, when Rice could be performing in the other game.

11. [quote name='"Broosh"']

you're losing points because what if Giants get a COMMANDING lead in the game? that means you wont get points from Eli Manning and Victor Cruz because you'll be running. and on the back end, if Giants are getting ANNIHILATED you won't be getting points from Ahmad Bradshaw.

Where-as what if the Ravens are DOMINATING and the Giants are GETTING CRUSHED? that means that Ray Rice, Eli, and Cruz will all be getting you points at the same time. Eli can't throw to Cruz & have Bradshaw run at the same time, when Rice could be performing in the other game.[/quote]

this is the most points I've gotten since week 2. now I have room to trade vick off my team and get another wide receiver or running back.