fantastic video from 1985

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by fearthebug, Oct 16, 2007.

1. a children's cartoon/movie or something like that. named something including the name Mark Twain... anyways, i'm gonna attempt to embed this thing.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqi5F5MqqTQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqi5F5MqqTQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. anyone watch this or even care to give an opinion? maybe the fact that it was presented during a children's film, when usually it's pro-christian beliefs that are all around children's films.

3. Very good piece of Claymation. As a film, not so hot - but if you turn the sound down and watch it's still a good film for the animation alone. Have you seen the Ardman Animation films? The same technique.

I think that it was just trying to be spooky and entertaining, not trying to promote a religious view. What do you get from it yourself?

MelT

4. i don't think it explains anything really. just something i've never seen before that held my interest. normally, i'm not too fond of claymation, but i thought it was very well done. the 'message' it tried to convey was also a bit interesting since when i think of kid's movies, i think about some generic topic and someone is a hero and saves the day with a message that makes the kid feel special. this seemed like it was much deeper than a normal kids show, and ended telling kids that they're not really anything, they're just a thought. all in all, i guess i just really liked the angel/satan guy and his mask face on a stick.... yeah, plus i just smoked, so the face on a stick is probably what i liked the most.

5. LOL! I was just riding into the first high of hte day when I watched, and those were the things that struck me too...whu message?...face on stick....coooollll... LOL

It was a bit unusual for a kid's film though, you're right.

MelT

6. when referring to "the message", here's what i imagined...

normally, especially in america (which is where mark twain (sam clemens) is from), the pro-christian, pro-creation theory would be the first one plastered into children's minds. either that, or a story of a hero over coming adversity. bad guys and good guys. instead, this video shows 1 person (who could be determined to be god...a creator and destroyer) as the same person, which can be further speculated to assume the director of this movie is trying to portray that god and the devil are in fact the same thing, good and evil coming from the same source, and that in reality, we aren't really anything special. our life comes, our life ends. that's it. all the little play-doh men fell into the ground and the angel Satan (mr. face on a stick) says that humans aren't important and that more can be made at anytime whenever he feels the need to do so).

maybe that's why i liked it so much.

7. I liked it, I'm left wondering who thought 'this will be great for kids! Let's produce it'.

8. To find out more, click the following link. The Adventures of Mark Tawin.

We are all simply thoughts, my thoughts, though, so, send some money and worship my way! :p