fan size

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by LBH, Aug 9, 2009.

1. I'm looking for a fan for a 4x4x5 room. It will be for the scrubber. Any suggestions?

$200 range

quiet is key

Thanks for any suggestions :D:wave:

2. You would need a bunch of small 100 cfm fans if noise is an issue.cause an inline fan,even 4" sounds like a jet engine,and there as big as one too.

3. #3 MrFantastic, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    go to htgsupply.com. they have a 424cfm growbright 4" "can" fan with carbon filter for 120.95. I have 1 for odor control and it works great. I also have 2 of the 6" fans. there were a couple small leaks around some of the seams, but a little epoxy and they work fine. About half price of other fans of this type. Dont go with the inline ones, they are weak and cheap.

I found this for you. It will calculate how much air flow you'll need.

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/fan-calc.shtml

4. $120 for a carbon filter? Fuck that! Look for some tutorials, you can make one like I did for under $15.

5. fuck the filters just use ona gel

6. obviously, your name fits you well since you didnt read my post correctly or you have dislexia. HTG Supply HAS a FAN & Carbon Filter for 120.95. Thats a 4" Growbright "can"fan 424 cfm with matching filter. I too have made my own carbon filters and other "odor control"devices Including ONA GEL. Ona Gel in the room allows flowering plants to absorbe Ona taste and flavor- great for your laundry, not so great for dank. Other homemade carbon filters usually dont use the "right"kind of activated carbon and work half as well. Usually they will restrict air flow excessively putting undue stress on exhaust fan also, shortening its life. A good filter is worth it. Ive actually argued for DIY before, but if you go cheap, thats what you get.:hello:

7. ONLY if you like ONA flavored weed. :hello:

8. If you are only growing ONE plant.... anything more will over power ONA gel for the most part