Fan noise is loud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Merkidge69, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Is there anything i can do to make my fan quiter even with a speed controller its still loud.
    Anything i can buy apart from the acoustic ducting to quieten it down?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. you can dampen the area around it i have mine on a real soft pillow that helps to lessen the sound

3. Problem is at the moment mine is hanging in my tent, any suggestions? What are acoustic fan boxes?

4. Is it the quality of the fan itself? Many of the decent newer good fans aren't that loud and especially with a speed controller... and insulated duct... hanging from bungee cords cuts down on vibration...

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I asked what an acoustic box was...

6. Insulated ductwork would be quieter. Carbon filters help quiet the fan. You can wrap the fan with insulation. You can mount the fan inside a box suspended by flexible mounts and foam insulation lining the inside.

My buddy mounted his in the attic and I can't even hear it when I go over there.

7. Any ideas on a quick easy solution? I dont have a hole set to cut a 6" hole in a wooden box, ordered some insulated acoustic ducting

8. If i brought a duct silencer, can i have it connected to ducting to the fan? Or does it have to be directly connected to the fan?
    Also is it best to put it on the output end?
    Thanks

9. I have insulated and acoustic ducting on the way, should i wait before buying a duct silencer also?

10. If you're serious about reducing noise I don't see why a muffler wouldn't help you. I would put it either right before or right after the fan. That's where you see the most turbulence in the air flow. I did a little looking and it seems people mount the mufflers on the output and input. The specs I looked at didn't specify.

You can get plain blanket type insulation that comes in a roll and wrap the whole fan. It doesn't need to be exposed to air to stay cool. It's got air running through it at all times. Wrap it up.

11. What is the tape called i need to use to do that and thanks mate

12. Anyone link
    Me to the stuff i need?