Fan noise Help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chroniccorner428, Mar 14, 2017.

1. They make duct mufflers that work well. You may also want to buy fan speed controller. not sure how big of a space you're trying to vent, but if you don't need all of the cfm of the fan then a controller would help alot. I have the same exact fan and I typically have turned down to like 30% for my 3x3 tent...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Give it more time and that noise will become white noise and you won't notice unless you are thinking about it.

Or face it a different direction so the air is blowing in your direction will reduce the noise of air.

Add in my ducting to make the air flow somewhere else and deflect the noise away from it current place to outside window or another room perhap.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

3. me and my girlfriend got used to the fans in our room. now it sounds so weird and i cant sleep without them lol.

4. ya im running in a 2x2x4 tent with the fan turned all the way down, Think im gonna try to DIY up a muffler. or would it hurt to plug that fan into another speed controller or is that bad since there is one build on the Apollo? i have a active air speed controller i could use if so.

5. If I'm understanding your question I wouldn't piggy back fan speed controllers..
    seems like like a recipe for problems.

6. 20170314_103843[1].jpg
    Buy this. Just got it yesterday, was only 18 dollars. I got it because I work from home and take calls in the same room as I grow so I was worried about the sound (only to then realize that my headset is noise canceling anyways). Regardless, it works and may come in handy but I'm gonna leave my intake on max until I run into a reason to need to turn it down.

7. ya i i didnt thing it would be a good thing to do. looks like im gonna try a muffler or just get used to the noise

8. try putting a cardboard box...opened at both ends..around that puppy...Will knock a few DB off ..