Fan leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dharvey, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Hello guys Im into my 4week of flowering I have two questions one is can u cut some of the larger fans leaves in flowering stage.Also I was moving two of my plants around and I accidentally broke one of the branches will it be ok is it in shock will I be able to finish it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If it isn't totally snapped off try using duct tape to secure it to the main stem. It should be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i would not cut fan leaves, let them die naturally. some will say its ok, some will say do not do it. if i some super ugly leaves (over 60% dead) sometimes i will pull them but i almost always let them die naturally. if you pull or cut them early there is a lot of moisture that can come out of the stem and produce bud rot.

and for broken branches next time have some duct tape on hand. wrap the stem like a cast and it should grow back fine

• Like Like x 1
  4. Damm I cut some fan leaves for lower buds I hope it finish I think I may have fucked up hope its ok

5. For more buds I read it can increase yield

6. [​IMG]before [​IMG] after. Does not hurt at all trimming up around week 3 or 4 you will see explosive bud growth if you do. Do not take all fan leaves as they will need some higher up to feed buds and take in energy. I do this to every pant each crop and my buds take off like crazy. Just don't over do it and don't take any past week 5. Looks good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks I'll post pic when I get home of the after I was scared I stunned it or it would die off

8. Just always remember go easy and you will be fine. Trimming is one of the free ways we have to increase yield. Free is good !

• Like Like x 1
  9. So I put the pics up let me know what u think I hope I didn't fuck up