Fan leaves yellowing on flowering girl...HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KushKing00, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, I'm on day 33 of flower and my one small girls fan leaves are turning yellow and dying. They've been getting ph'ed water and nutes once a week. Its still too early for them to be turning yellow. I read somewhere it's a good idea to give them a blast of Nitrogen half way thru flower, so that's what I did. Added 3/4 tsp. of 5-1-1 to a gallon of ph'ed water. Hoping this helps!!!

She's a micro plant so she really doesn't have many fan leaves, maybe 8 total so with 3 leaves looking yellow and slowly dying this isn't good lol

Camera took a shit on me this morning, so once I get a new one tonite and take pics tomarrow when lights come back on I'll show everyone.

Think the blast of N will help, or fix the problem? or make it worse?

Thanks!!!

2. Completely normal for flowering plants' fan leaves to yellow and die off

3. Yes, but I can't afford to really loose any THIS early. I know it's normal around harvest time to yellow and die, but 33 days seems too soon. A week ago it was 1, two days ago it was another, and now today 2 more. Seems like something may be up. I herd it can happen around the half way mark, and a boost of N will clear it up and get you to the end, when their supposed to all turn yellow and die.

I still have a ways to go lol probably another 40 days or so.

4. I wouldn't give it a N boost. Like for mine to get as much N out as it can. Dropped 7 leaves the other day. Last big Haze I had dropped 1/2 about 3 wks after the 12/12 flip.

5. Are you guys transplanting into bigger pots before you induce flowering? I think your plants are becoming root bound too soon. It's too late for a transplant now, but keep that in mind for next time that a bigger pot might be necessary.

6. well unfortunitlly I already did. I doubt it will hurt anything, as the way she's progressing I expect her to be a lonngg flowerer lol I'll probably have to go 10-11 weeks at the rate she's going. The ones up top surrounding the top patch of hairs is still fine but she only has a few more down the main stem. Also she has a bushy growth about 3 inches up and some of those leaves tips are yellowing bad and a slight touch makes them fall off.

I'm just worried this could kill her! She has been doing so good, small, but good. She's starting to "burst" with pistils all over.

7. One pot it's whole life. She's a micro grow. Used 1/3 of a 2 liter soda bottle. Root bound could be it, but I don't think it could of happend this late into flowering, as their roots pretty much stop growing after the switch and it focus' it's energy on the buds. But I could be wrong.

Think this could be life threatening?

8. anyone else have any input?

9. bump!!

10. look in the advanced growing techniques... for Defoliation, as long as it isnt a deficiency of some sort (which is possible) you might actually get increased yields :p

but yellowing leaves this early sounds like something might be wrong. pictures would be helpful...

11. Bro your fine... chill water normal the next 3 days and then let her go dry for 2 days and Saturday hit her with a good feed with a xtra dose of n and a tsp of molasses and watch her bounce back. Peace bro its normal to see your yellowing... just a sign of under feeding during the switch to 12/12. Good luck next time carry your N a feeding or 2 after the switch to 12/12 peace Gix

12. im wayyyyyy late in finding this thread, just thought id point out to anyone else browsing gc that this is infact wrong. roots continue to stretch outward until the last day of flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm having this same problem. And Imy only 21 or so days into flower. Citrus haze. Now the plant has about 65 some odd tops and it's in a 30 gallon smart pot with promix. But I can't get these fuckers to stop dropping. I gave a blast of grow and it's still happening. The plants flowering great though and the leafs that are yellowing are only on the inside main stems. But it is moving up. But not out to the branches. Just the big fans. Everything is still budding nice. Should I even worry when a plant has 65 plus tops and is 3 weeks into a flower period of 56 to 65 days. 20160824_223721.jpg

14. Yes they do , and the phosphrous helps that. P is a major nute when it comes to root development. If I remember correctly.