Fan leaves turning purple

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vertigo, Nov 18, 2009.

1. hey all,
    i'm two months into flowering and the largest fan leaves on one of my plants are turning purple. the plant looks very healthy otherwise. anybody know why they are doing that? its only the biggest oldest fan leaves that are doin it

2. This belongs in the 'Sick Plant Questions' section. Pix would help too, and I would try reading up on deficiencies or some sticky's in the Sick Plant Section.

3. i posted there too. not gunna take a pic. im sure one of the many experienced growers on here has run into such a situation.

4. Ive read colder nite time temps cause purple leaves. Some growers do this on purpose so I dont think its bad.

5. Best I could find....:wave::smoking:

6. i'd believe it... i mean, how long would it take the average toker to realize that things like "purple haze" or other strains with purple in their names aren't always going to be the absolute best smoke?

honestly? i will admit that i had thought that. though i learned real quick after a couple trips here ;)

7. purple fan leaves are no big deal at all. your plant is probably an indica cuz a lot of indica's leaves will turn purple and that makes the bud purple :D nothing like some tasty purps hehe
    you should be happy

8. #8 toastybiz, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    Assuming that the plant and leaves otherwise look healthy, purple is either genetic or from low temps. So...what have your temps been? if too low then raise it, otherwise chalk it up to genetics and don't sweat it.

9. my night time temp is about 60 F.
    and its only the biggest leaves changin color, i actually thought it was a temp problem. so ya do think its anything to worry about? or can that low of a temp slow down growth?

thanx for all the replies by the way. i love this forum