fan leaves drying and fell off

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jsoickle, Jan 9, 2015.

1. My plants are in 12 week of flowering since 12/12
    3 weeks ago my plants starting to loose fan leaves and buds were drying out. My light is 600w. I had light about 2ft from bud.A week ago i moved light higher and now i am getting a lot of new bud growth.The tricromes are frosty and some are still clear.I am getting a little worried about how dry my buds are.
    Think these can be saved? should i keep going?
    Soil mixture is rock dust,worm castings, seaweed,bat guano and all purpose organic fertilizer 4-4-4-
    I mixed it all up and let it set for two weeks then planting it
    Before buds were drying i was making tea from all purpose fert,bat guana and rock dust,never gave it any teas since,
    only thing i been putting in water since buds dried was malases.
    These plants are called Black indica
    Would love your opinions please

Attached Files:

Take anything I say with a grain of salt because I have not yet even started a grow, but normally I thought soil mixtures were supposed to sit for at least a month if not several months to fully mix and get the microbes thriving. Not sure if that is related, but it is one thing I noticed. As far as saving them goes I have no idea how it might turn out but imo at 12 weeks you might as well make the attempt since harvest time should be coming up soon. Buds not might be as perfect but better than nothing I think

3. An indica that runs over 12 weeks? Never heard of such a thing.

Hate to say it....but that's looks like a big pile of shit for hash.

4. 12 weeks of 12/12? Yeah,yellow leaves have been known to happen. LOL

No worries.

Cd

5. #5 Greasemonkeyman, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    looks like a classic case of too much molasses, it does that exact thing, looks like heat or wind damage.
    Be very very careful with molasses, its great stuff, but should be used sparingly, and in a properly made organic soil it won't be needed at all, unless you are making AACTs
    I don't see any ventilation for that bulb, you might be cooking them too
    considering that you experienced new growth after moving the light away i'd be more inclined to think it's heat damage as opposed to molasses overdosing, either way, be careful with molasses

6. Do you think if I just feed these some bat guana to bring up the nitrogen that they will come around?

7. #7 Greasemonkeyman, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    no, I wouldn't do that.
    that's not a nitrogen deficiency.
    Do you use a remote thermometer to gauge the heat? if not you should, put one on the TOP of your plants to see what temps are. Important stuff...

8. Its perfectly normal.

But theyre close if not ready for harvest. Better start checkin trichs soon.

9. My temp is 25c and humidity is 18
    Trichs still cloudy and some are still clear.

10. #10 rain dancer, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    They wont mature at that humidity. Thats why growth slowed.

You need 40% humidity to finish. Add some buckets of water and a fan and get your humidity up.

Fastest way is to spray your floor and walls with water. As long as you stay under 60% you wont get mold
    http://www.theweedblog.com/what-is-the-right-humidity-level-for-marijuana-plants/

11. I will give that a try right away. Thank you

12. Can I spray water directly on my buds?

13. 12 weeks of 12/12 huh... My most Sativa dominant strain doesn't even take that long... You can definitely pull with some trichs still clear my man. I've pulled plants early and watched them continue to "age" while drying. They went from clear to cloudy no problem.

Good luck

Bham

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. The buds you are talking about on the right hand side of your screen will not and can not be saved. This is not normal...nor is the overall appearance of your plant.  Humidity has very little to do (if anything) with the problems you are experiencing. My flowering room is at 30% right now and less in the summer. Although it's not ideal your plants will 'finish' just fine.

This plant is around day 55 of flower for a 70 day strain and is experiencing what I would consider normal senescence. It is likely that it won't even go that long before I harvest. When I do harvest it will bed due to observing swollen calyxes and pistils withering and receding along with other general observations, particularly how the tops of the flowers form. I will be blissfully ignorant of what color my trichomes are ....and a happier man for it.

DSC01371.JPG
    DSC01372.JPG

15. Real growers don't need a jewelers loop, the plants tell you all you need to know.

True words your speaking there RD.

Bham

16. 12 weeks of flowering an indica?

17. It went threw three weeks of being dorment when they started to dry.Now it seems like the buds are swelling up except for the few dried buds.I gonna chop the dry buds and leave the others go for a few days or weeks and see what happens. I sprayed water inside the tent and on the buds and humidity is up to 25%. i gonna hang some wet towels inside to keep humidly up. Do you guys think this is a good idea? or should i just chop the crop?

18. I still trying to figure out why they dried. From all the comments i am assuming to much molasses and maybe my light was too close.Its all about getting experience,not just reading but about doing it and making mistakes and getting good advice 

19. Chop it all dude, you could have had another plant going by now.

Bham

20. #20 beerbrewer, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    Ask yourself this. Why would a strain that take 8-9 weeks to mature be drying out and dying after 12 weeks. Might answer your question.