Fan for 400 watt HID cool tube

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by krankor, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I have this light setup. I was wondering if this fan would work on the cool tube. It appears that a few use them without problems but I also hear I need at least at 6" centrifugal fan.

My tent is 62" x 36" x 20".

Thanks!

2. Notice the word booster. Use a 6" centrifugal fan. There are 6" 400cfm fans on amazon for 85 bucks. This can be attached to your cooltube with an open end so it's recycling the air inside of the tent as well

3. ^ exactly. Those booster fans won't work all that well for your application.

4. will do. thanks guys!

5. I have the exact same light and that fan will not work, not powerful enoughf. Do yourself a favor and get a good centrifugal fan. I bought a 4 inch one off eBay for like 75, works great

6. #6 xDisciplex, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    That fan should work for a 400w.I use a 440 CFM for my 1k,and my hood is cool to the touch.

though if you can afford the 400cfm + do it yea.

7. So I can get a 4" instead of a 6" fan? They are considerably cheaper.

8. Ya sure, my 4 inch fan sucks the heat out of that 6 inch cool tube no prob. And I have a pretty long ventilation run on top of that, bout 10-12 feet

9. I went with the 6" fan FWIW. I'm happy with it.

You want to pull the heat from your bulb, not blow over it.

Filter-Ducting-Cool Tube-Ducting-Fan-Ducting

My fan sits on top of my tent.

10. This is typically the way that it is setup. However, my inline fan (6" MaxFan) is much more powerful at blowing/pushing air than it is at pulling/sucking air. Therefore my setup is as follows: fan-ducting-cooltube-ducting to exhaust
    The fan is inside the grow area so that it also exhausts air from the room. The reason for this is because I am overwatting for my space (1000wHPS in small closet). I do not have my scrubber hooked up yet cuz no smell but will have that scrubbing separately when the time comes.
    If the method that Krankor does not work for you then you can try the method I described.