False hope vs No hope

Discussion in 'General' started by terradactyl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. which is better? false hope or no hope.
    thinking something might happen or knowing it wont?

why?

2. For me? No hope.

For society? False hope aka organized religion.

3. No hope, it's always best to look at things realistically.

4. With no hope comes depression

5. Real hope or no hope at all. If there is no possible way to get the outcome I want, I want to know, so that I can deal with it and move on. Life is too fucking short to sit on your ass dreaming about shit you are hoping will come true (if it can't).

I am an optimistic person, but I am a realist.

What about you OP?

6. No hope, but u cant be like that all the time, pesimistic. You have to have some optimistic attitude becasue if not that seems pretty depressing for me.

7. But with false hope comes an unfulfilled life. Is that really what you want to be thinking before you die? "I wish this would have happened" "I wish it had worked out like that."

Fuck that.

8. i think like you man. like i agree with what you say, but i find myself acting on what seems to be false hope. because its the only thing i really have going for me right now. so i dont want to give up on it, ya know??

9. This is a good post

10. Given those two choices.....no hope.

I don't want to trick myself into believing lies.

11. why would you wanna brainwash yourself?

12. Ignorance is bliss... :smoking:

13. I'd say no hope. Rather know how it is even if it's over. Lets you say or do whatever you need to

False hope is worrying about something that will never happen. It's lying to yourself.

Ofcourse it's gonna be different for other personality types. The false hope may be more usefull for them.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

14. i heard once that hope is man's biggest flaw

15. wow.

that seriously blew my mind. wtf. can i quote that in my sig?

16. This. With false hope your just setting yourself up for disappointment. With no hope it comes as expected.

17. Mmm interesting, I've heard that it's emotion. Idk where but it's in my head.

18. is hope an emotion?:bongin: :smoke::hide:

:gc_rocks::gc_rocks::love:2:poke::bolt:

^^:laughing:

19. Good question...

Maybe it's emotionally driven but not actually an emotion itself.

Just taking a shot on that one.

20. yeah man. even though you did already haha.