Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Falling Sick After Smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheOutlier, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hi All,

Smoked a couple of times in my teens, only recently began smoking on a semi regular basis (now in my 30's) and have noticed a trend I'm hoping people can help me figure out.

The few times in my teens I smoked and got really high (as opposed to just hitting a joint at a party) I fell sick the next day (I'm not talking feeling nauseous). I mean, I had a temperature, got the chills, sore throat, the works. And it lasted for 2-3 days.

I never really thought much about it at the time, but recently I've had a few sessions where I've gotten very high and the same thing has happened so I'm putting two and two together. I should also point out, I recently moved to vaping and I experience the same thing.

I know cannabis is a known immune suppresant. I also have hashimoto's hypothyroidism, so wondering if mj is interferring with my thyroid function. Or just causing my immune system to be open to attack.

Thanks. Hoping someone has some answers.

TheOutlier

2. idk dog I usually smoke weed when I'm sick to feel better, maybe smoke while you're sick to see if it helps, or only take 2 or 3 hits? wish I could help more hopefully it quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ya man if you feel sick take more medicine :)

4. weed doesnt affect your immune system in any way.