Falling over?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thejax, Jul 28, 2009.

1. What does it mean when a plant grows straight up and then starts to fall over. Because that seems to be what all my plants are doing. They arent falling over like dieing but like growing on its side. Does it mean im watering to much? not enough light?

2. #2 Deleted member 166296, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    All plants will grow towards the light unless the light is too much for them. If this is the case you would most likely see burnt leaves. Perhaps the stem cannot support the weight of your massive plants? Prolly not unless they have buds on them. Make sure your watering them properly! Are you using a complete fertilizer - one that has nutrients to promote strong growth? Dunno man a picture would be better understood like how much are they bending.

3. Im not using any fertilizer right now. I dont think im over wattering. If anything i might not be waterring enough. Im guessing not enough light. Because the light is directly above it and its like growingup and then down. But ya its not supporting the weight because the size of the leaves is obviously to much for the stem. What should i do about that? Prop it up?

I dont have a camera right now. It got in some water and busted.

4. Plants will go limp when under stress. Could be a million types of stress, but usually it is heat, light, water, nutes, or bugs. Sounds like you aren't using any nutes yet so check em very closely for bugs, let them dry out between waterings, and get a digi thermo that automatically record min/max and make sure it is staying 70-75. Oh yeah, and don't have your fan blow directly on your sprouts ;-)

5. Have you been running a fan on them all along to strengthen/thicken stems?

6. Ya I have a fan on them. I dont think they have bugs since they are being grown in my room. What are nutes?

7. sounds like they're stretching for light and then falling over. very common with inadequate lighting. check the stickies for which light type appeals to you and get it in close to em.

8. Nutes is an abbreviation for nutrients... you will definitely need something to provide your plants with the energy they need to grow properly. There are countless types with varying price ranges - do a search, either google or here on the forum, to learn how important they are, and in order to make your choice(s). More studying about growing is definitely in order here! :eek:

p.s. whatever you get, make sure you start out slowly since your plants haven't yet had any supplements.

Best of luck!

9. how old are the plants? how tall?