Faith Healing

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by iAmBetty, Feb 17, 2014.

1. you can "feel" anything. you could feel like a 3000 ton albino rhino trapped in a mans body. doesnt mean what you felt is based on anything more than your own thoughts.

all im saying is that it was a baseless claim because there can not be evidence. we can agree on that much yes? it would be pretty irresponsible to tell a person to stop taking insulin injections because they feel the healing energy right?

You're perverting my words.  I'm simply stating our modern medicine kills many people and does not have a 100% success rate.  I'm not saying it can't help.  I'm quite sure there have been studies that pointed that those who had faith overcame their cancer more than those who did not.

I just came across this quote, so I thought it was appropriate:

"The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore the physician must start from nature, with an open mind."

Again, the universe has no laws.  The universe is free, the only limitations are the ones you create for yourself.

And who are you to tell someone that their feeling of being a 3000 ton albino rhino is wrong?  Whatever you feel is true, for you a perceiving it to be there.  You can say love doesn't exist or god doesn't exist or chemicals that connect you to other dimensions are nothing more than false hallucinations, it doesn't matter.  The fact that you are experiencing something is what matters.  If you have an experience that alters your perception, it is real.

So, still, there is no remark on the video of what I would consider evidence of what I claim?

4. im not saying what a person feels is insignificant. however, obviously a person that feels to be a rhino is not a rhino in reality. (or this plane we collectively experience, however u wana phrase it)

what i am asking you, is would you find it irresponsible to tell a person to stop taking meds modern science tells you is keeping them alive if they "feel the energy" or whatever your claim entails exactly?

5. Yeah, god saved him by letting him live in a place where there was advanced health technology that could have saved his life if he was bitten by a snake but he refused their help, Gods help, and killed himself. This man, simply put, was a dunce. 

When did I recommend telling people whether or not they should take meds?  I feel that people should do what they feel is right.

If they want to have faith in a spiritual healer, then don't doubt their reality from coming true, I would call that irresponsible.  History has shown it to be a viable option.

Seriously, does anyone have the slightest opinion on the video in the second post?

7. i didnt say you recommended it. im just asking what you personally would do in that situation. if your diabetic grandmother went to a faith healer and TRULY believed she no longer needed insulin, would you say anything to persuade her to keep taking it?

and what if it was you in that situation?

ill take a look at your video in a sec, but i imagine my point may end up being that its coincidental or flat out fake.

Well, you just let me know the day you break the law of gravity. 

9. All you post is baseless bullshit and made up stories...to the ignore list you go...

Now go float away since graivty isn't real...:rolleyes:

Ignorance at it's finest.

I have flown on command in dreams.  I know that it can be done.  I have a theory of how it could be done.  But it requires a communal effort of the masses.

11. Things are real because I want them to be! Fuck facts and actual research I just say everything is real and so it is!...typical children...

12. flight doesnt equate to defying gravity though, even if it wasnt just in your dreams.

there are ways that matter seems to interact. these ways become laws of the universe. they may not be complete, and perhaps in some cases they are negated (maybe matter behaves differently in a black hole or whatever)....but its foolish to completely ignore what we have learned thus far.

its like the faith healing. you never actually answered if you would persuade your diabetic gramma to keep taking insulin, but i assume you would. because we know that in virtually every case that is helpful. it has been shown over and over that it works. to totally disregard that and tell her "no gramma, as long as you feel the faith its okay, you dont need meds" would be irresponsible.

13. Loada Bull imo.

I would let her take her path of what she feels is right.

15. what if she, like i, simply asked your opinion? youd refuse to answer and tell her to decide herself?

Well, I have flown in dreams several times and I also have a friend who swears by his life that he has levitated the first time he did shrooms (on accident).  Sober girls that had never done drugs in their life saw it.

Pi only repeats so much until it becomes intelligent and decides to stop the equation itself.

We live in a cycle of life and death, reacting to positive and negative energies and it will go on indefinitely at this rate, unless we consciously chose to end the cycle, which can be done through an evolution of consciousness.

It's not up to me to decide where her faith should be.  If she must ask me to formulate her answer than it doesn't seem she has complete faith in either.  Faith is something you should find for yourself, people can guide you, but only you can have it.

18. #38 Heroic Dose, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    im seriously not taking the piss here when i say that was truly one of the funniest, most absurd, meaningless statements ive ever heard.

i literally lol'd hard, ty.

in this example she has absolute faith and only wants your opinion.

[​IMG]