Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Failed: Canna caps

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 420Grassroots420, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I signed up in hope that someone here could shed some light on where I've gone wrong in my recent quest to make capsules.

I used this recipe:
    What Are Canna Caps And How Do You Make Them?

What I gather so far is that the decarboxylation process is/may be crucial and I wasn't able to do this due to smell from the oven.

I've read a recipe for oil on this forum too called "the easiest oil recipe ever" (or something to that effect) which had no mention of decarboxylation and many people replying with good results.

Here's the steps I tried.
    2 grams of good hash crumbled
    2 tables spoons of coconut oil (melted)
    Added to a slow cooker (crock pot) in a mason jar to double boil
    Cooked for a little over 1 hour to make sure on the 'low' setting.
    Strained oil and let cool
    Put into capsules with syringe.

Took two capsules and felt maybe a body high and some giggling but was smoking and drinking throughout the night.

Tried again today and consumed 4 and still didn't really get much of a buzz.

Confusing really when people are trying the same method with less and managing to send themselves to the moon and back.

The ideal potency I would like is for one or two capsules to make me feel stoned enough to not smoke and for 3 to fuck me up

Anybody had any success without decarboxylation? Would a higher cooking temp bit shorter time produce desired effect?

Is it possible to decarb in the crock pot??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  2. You can try to decarb the oil/cannabis mix in the oven. It will take longer than a regular decarb. Keep it in the oven until all bubbling stops. I don't know how strong the odor will be. New information is that cannabis needs a decarb. Those who use undecarbed cannabis generally cook it in a crockpot for much longer times, like 12 hours. I don't know what to do with the rest of your caps, did you cap it all up?. Next time it's 240F for 40 minutes. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Some more capsules arrived today so I'm going to try and decarb the old mix first. Should I still decarb hash first?
    Technically if I keep the crock pot dry and get it to 240 it should act as an oven right?

4. If you have new non decarbed hash you will need to decarb. BrassNwood has great instructions on how he uses kief and decarbs with heat and freeze cycles for different effects. BadKittySmiles also has directions in her thread. I guess the crockpot could act as an oven, don't see why not if when it's covered the heat stays at 240F. If you can't keep it at 240F, but say only 200F you would increase the decarb time. I would be guessing about how long at a lower temp.. You would be doing an experiment. That's a better solution than non decarbing. I read of someone decarbing with a clothes iron! Good luck. The caps are so stealthy.

• Like Like x 1

5. They're super stealthy! I want them so I don't have to keep rolling everywhere I go.
    The hash, I buy from somebody, it's a good soft hash that smells great but it's not quite as light in colour as say kief. And smoke wise it gets me pretty stoned hence I've been smoking it for 4 years.

I'm just doing some more research and decarboxylation can be achieved through boiling aswell. Many things to try over the weekend!
    Hopefully with positive results!

I will post back my findings and the processes used.

Thanks for all the help so far

• Like Like x 2
  6. Glad to hear you mention boiling. Found this-
    Temperature Heating Mode Plant Material Time Kief / Hash Time Cannabis Oil
    310F Oven 10 – 18 minutes 5 – 10 minutes
    250F Hot oil bath Until bubbles taper off
    240F Oven 50 – 60 minutes 30 – 40 minutes
    212F Boiling water bath 90 minutes 90 minutes

I saw someone using a sous vide with the cannabis in a sealed bag. You would probably need one of those heavy duty vacuum seal bags, or you could use a mason jar. Good thought!

7. I have been using a mason jar thus far but just for the whole process.

Today I decarbed the material for about 30 min at high in a double boil in the slow cooker in a mason jar.

I used these steps:
    Hash on its own for 30 mins on high
    Add melted coconut oil and stir
    Cook on low for 2 hours
    Take a sample in the first hour
    Let cool and fill

My friend took the ones from the sample and he said he felt great. I've taken the finished product, after the full 2hrs. I took 2 about half an hour ago on an empty stomach and ate a meal about ten minutes after.

Awaiting effects. I will post my findings..

8. Ok it's been 3 hours now. I started to feel a good buzz after half and hour and it's lasted until now where it's just coming in small waves. Maybe taking 3 tomorrow would get me where I want to be.

9. @420Grassroots420
    Crock pots are designed to run nearly full and will overheat and can crack if run dry..
    You really need a toaster oven or home oven for this as you can control the temps much better..
    Decarb is the most important part and you'll have piss poor results without it ( 240 F for 40 minutes )
    Lecithin is the other thing your missing and doubles the effects in my opinion..
    5 grams decarbed hash
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin..
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes then freeze.. 2 more heat and freeze cycles does it for me..
    Makes 30 (0) caps or a 30 dose brownie.. Cut small please..
    [​IMG]
    This stuff should be dangerously strong..
    [​IMG]
    1 drop will slam my wife but I need more like 100 drops worth ( 4 caps)
    BNW

10. Just to clarify I'm using water in the crock pot, then a mason jar inside the water, so it always has liquid in. It's what I referred to as a 'double boil'

Thanks for the decarb tip, it helped with the last batch but it didn't last long and then I was very sleepy. CBN type of effect, probably cooked too hot or too long. Anyhow will be trying them again some point this week, maybe with bud. Will use a thermometer this time to check temp doesn't exceed 220. An oven isn't really an option as this needs to be done in stealth(UK) not legal here and my housemates are square

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ya the need for stealth forces us to be inventive on some steps for sure.. Legal enough here I don't have to care what the neighbors think about the grow or the smelly processing.. LOL
    BNW

• Like Like x 1