Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Facebook and Incrimination

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Gimme Half, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Hey GC, I have a question for those who are good with the law.

My friends and I had a facebook group set up to just chat and keep in touch, but it got out of hand. A few people just started using it for other things...

My question is quite simple: Can I be incriminated for something a friend had posted in a secret facebook group? Even after I left the group?

Stuff started to get posted that I didn't want to be a part of. Would I be guilty due to association? Or does that not apply to a computer since I literally have no idea what they will post or say from THIER computer.

Thanks.

2. well what did they post?

3. Marijuana, and paraphernalia

4. You're fine. Guilty by association would be going with your friends while they sell drugs. Its just a way to bust everyone even if one person takes the fall.

5. You're fine, first of all I doubt cops would get involved over some kids posting pictures of weed and paraphernalia on FB in a private group. Secondly, as long as you yourself are not doing so, you can comment on it all you want and you'd be fine.

6. Lol what part of facebook is secret? Nothing on facebook is a secret.

7. [quote name='"Gimme Half"']Marijuana, and paraphernalia[/quote]

Lol I post that stuff on fb all the time, only for friends to view though. I know if police wanted to they could see what I had on my fb but whatever.
    It really depends.
    If you just have a picture of a bowl and little weed nobody cares.... But if he's exploiting a grow op or copious amounts of drugs, and the police see it, they will be on their case and maybe even yours of your name is seen on the page's history or it's mentioned by somebody else. But you won't get in trouble. Questioned? Slim chance. But you did nothing illegal, and neither did they by posting pictures.

8. ^Fuck I should post a bunch of grow op pictures and see what happens :smoke:

9. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']^Fuck I should post a bunch of grow op pictures and see what happens :smoke:[/quote]

Lmao well it'd have to be original, there's reverse-photo searching :p

10. ^Shit of course. I actually have a site for reverse-photo searching bookmarked lol.

11. [quote name='"Xblunt-manX"']^Shit of course. I actually have a site for reverse-photo searching bookmarked lol.[/quote]

Haha, Not many people know about that though so it would be pretty amusing to see the reactions.

12. someones scared their mom will find out! :eek:

13. Be careful. When I was on probation my P.O. Called me into his office and drug tested me because I posted on Facebook about a party. My page is set to "private." my point is, you never know who is looking at Facebook dude. Be careful.

14. ya if its just a few little pictures youre chill. we used to post pics of ourselves with acid on our tongues lol

15. [quote name='"Brenthas1"']Be careful. When I was on probation my P.O. Called me into his office and drug tested me because I posted on Facebook about a party. My page is set to "private." my point is, you never know who is looking at Facebook dude. Be careful.[/quote]

Did he tell you he saw that status?

16. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

Did he tell you he saw that status?[/quote]

He quoted it to me, like verbatim

17. If its private your okay,but if it's a public post you might get in trouble.Some kid in my county said he wanted to smoke and got expelled from his school.

18. [quote name='"IamToasted"']If its private your okay,but if it's a public post you might get in trouble.Some kid in my county said he wanted to smoke and got expelled from his school.[/quote]

You can't get expelled for saying you want to smoke....
    First of all, when somebody says they want to smoke they usually mean cigarettes. Cigarettes are legal.
    Second of all, your first amendment.
    Assuming you're in the US.

19. [quote name='"NeverMistakeMe"']

You can't get expelled for saying you want to smoke....
    First of all, when somebody says they want to smoke they usually mean cigarettes. Cigarettes are legal.
    Second of all, your first amendment.
    Assuming you're in the US.[/quote]

Edit:I left out pot,he said he wanted to smoke pot

20. Everyone knows the cia controls facebook :p Doesn't matter what privacy setting you have it on, LEAs get access to all of it. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.