Fabric pot advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by absta209, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

Hope you are all doing well. My 3 plants that I planted a while back are showing signs of overwatering even though I'm watering fine. I think the soil I used originally is of bad quality and I added nothing for drainage/nutes. My plan to fix this problem is to get proper 10 and 15 gallon smart pots and make my own mix of soil with coco coir,compost and this time sifted potting soil to get rid of the large amount of wood chips. I have 2 indica and 2 sativa strains. I want to put the 2 indicas in the 10 gallon and sativas in the 15 gallons. That sounds smart right? Or should I go all 15s? I'm keeping in mind how much feed I will use and I think 4 15 gallons will eat a lot of nutes. Please share your opinions/suggestions on what I should do[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. They look fine to me. For aeration you want perlite/vermiculite/clay balls/lava stone/rice hulls.

I dont think bark in the soil is an issue unless there is loads and loads of it, bits certainly help break up the soil and no doubt help with air...

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is a lot of it in the soil. And that's all it really is. It's compacting really bad and causing issues like the leaf burn/droop. They look healthy but if you look closer not so much. Trying to fix this issue asap and properly. Learnt from my mistakes

4. Make sure that fabric isn't waterproof

5. Too cool are those reusable grocery bags? Please take a pic of the root mass detaching for me if you transplant. I am really curious how that looks on the transfer!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pick and Pay bags, genius brother. Ekse gove them a few holes man, just poke a couple at the bottom, they don't let water through as easily as those other fabric pots you see people using. Don't be worried about bark in the soil, but do check your water PH, SA water tends to have a high ph. I usr a hth pool kit to measure the water ph, and correct with lemon juice lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Here ya go. Transplanted today. The soil was really compact but I got most of it loose for her new home. 1 down 3 to go![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks dude. I'm using just regular rain water from our tanks. I think the problem was the bad soil that was compacting. Hopefully she will recover nicely after this transplant

• Like Like x 1
  9. Too cool, Thanks for the visual brother!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Looking good man

• Like Like x 1