Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

F*** Smoking.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Nuts Eno, Feb 24, 2011.

1. #1 Nuts Eno, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2011
    I know it's quick, easy and some people just enjoy the act of smoking blah blah blah. But, after getting high almost exclusively through edibles for several months now I just don't understand why people smoke bud. It is by far the worst way to intake THC. Making/taking edibles takes time but the high last longer, is more body-intensive and is way better for you than smoking. Even vaping makes more sense to me than smoking. Smoking is by far the most popular and I would go as far as to say that most pot smokers may not even try edibles. Even if you look and the amount of people that visit the edibles section of GC, it's always a fraction of the people that visit the rest of the site. Why is that? What do you think?

2. well i think you need to understand that the act of smoking is one of the things that attracts people. the smoke itself is relaxing. you need to look at the other side of things man. i love smoking because i love grinding it, rolling it, and smoking my creation.

3. I get that. Trust me, I do. For a while I only smoked blunts and for all the reasons quoted. But at some point I realized that it's a waste of bud and just a bad way to consume it.

4. I am with you and have been trying my hand at edibles.
    I made brownies but I didnt have quite enough butter, but they worked just weak.
    I just made pizza :D its amazing lets see if it works.
    I made green dragon 151, again worked just too week.

notice a trend rofl,
    I dont like the feeling of not being in control and I fear getting too high and did one and got sick (ironically from smoking NOT eating) but its not like it can really hurt you unless you are an idiot and get blasted then get on the autobahn.

ANYWAY it must be working, I am rambling... I prefer the body high 100-1 at LEAST. its just such a more relazed high than just smoking.

5. I like to smoke cus it is nice to hav variety. When I'm bored of edibles an vaping I smoke. When I'm bored of smoking and vaping I use edibles etc

6. cause i dont smoke by myself as often as i would like to

7. I agree with some of this.. Smoking it allows you to smoke exactly how much you want to and get to your desired level. Edibles' strength can't be perfectly gauged and you will not always have the opportunity to make edibles as that takes quite some time. And as for vaping, while it is better for your health, the buzz is simply not the same. It's not hard to see why people smoke really.. its generally easier and many people enjoy the buzz more.

8. i only smoked out of a vape three or four times, but i got super fuckin high

9. I think a lot of it has to do with dosage... when you smoke you are fully aware if you are high enough to not need that next hit. If you eat too much ,you have to wait 30+ mins before you even begin to feel it, then when its all absorbed you could be way too high to handle yourself correctly.... not a bad thing usually tho hahaha.

10. Good points both of you

11. I'm kinda with you on this. I also have a question, and I didn't want to make an entire thread to get a simple response so if anyone has experience with this please elaborate. My question is... If you make edibles with already vaporized bud, even if you compensate for it already having been used, and use like 4-5x as much as normal, will the high still be different? Like the ratio to THC to other cannabinoids is much different even if you use more material. I'm very curious about this cause I don't want to make a whole batch if they're just going to make me sleepy.

12. For one thing I only smoke it like once every week so I figure that I'm not doing much harm anyway. Also I like the head rush from smoking+ edibles take forever to come on and you always seem to either get too high or not high enough.

13. The trick to edibles is getting the dosage right. Once you do, you know EXACTLY what to expect. I will admit, however, that it takes some trial and error.

14. that summarizes my experience with edibles, lol

15. This is simply not true. As stated in my previous reply, it just takes time to get the dosage right. I typically make batches of cookies. Every time I make them, I know exactly how much to put in and I always get my desired result.

16. here is how i see it being a ladies man:

you can spend time with your bitch baking cookies then eating them and getting high. i mean where would be a good place? at home, cool spot in the woods or mountains or hills, idk where else

OR

you can spend time with your so called bitch rolling a up a j and goin to a place overlooking the city and sharing it with her and/or chillin in a bedroom bout to get it the fuck on.

YOU BE THE JUDGE.

17. #17 Nuts Eno, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Being a ladies man, you'd know that most bitches don't smoke. They'd be far more likely to try an edible than hit a jay. Last I checked edibles were just as portable. No one said you had to cook together.

18. One issue that I have with edibles is never knowing how much of the THC will actually be absorbed into the oil. You can change the amount of weed you put in, but you never really know how much will be absorbed.

19. Here is my side of the argument:
    Edibles suck. Period. Out of all the times ive had a try at edibles(more than i can count on my hands) not ONCE did i get high. NOT FUCKING GOTDAMN ONCE:mad:!!! Ive wasted over a 1/4 making shitty ediblles. Following, painstakingly, the bizarre instructions with little or no results. Only once i barely felt anything off some oil i made in the oven following a guidline from this site. Had about a fl. oz. of this oil made from about a gram of mids and a shitload of stems. Poured it on ice cream, consumed, and barely felt anything, but it was as close as ive got with edibles. As a young and niave toker, i used to read these threads with hope, curiosity, and ambition, but now, after all these failed attempts, the hope, has turned to regret, the curiosity to knowledge, and the ambition to wisdom.
    Now, over 6 months since ive last tried making stupid fucking edibles, i've swore to put them behind me, never to be tried again untill i have more weed and money than an NBA allstar. So, with absolutley no regret, i stand, for me, for marijane, and for the goddamn United STATES OF AMERICA, When i say FUCK EDIBLES. DON'T WASTE IT, SMOKE IT MOTHAFUCKERS:smoke::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

20. (read with jamaicain accent pls) DID ^^that get my point across..and everybody else is all scared that they gonna get to high or something...WHAT THE FUCK IS TOO HIGH??? For me there is no such thing.
    I have never ingested edibles, or smoked my herb Fearing what it brings to me..the high, the wonderful high, the smoke with its smell, its so unique smell, with a milky accent that climbs through my mouth and nostrills, to be absorbed into my brain, and bring me the narcotic effects i know and love. If you know weed, then you know a "bad trip" is all in your head, and only you can control your mind, dont let it be the other way around.