F*** power outage. Will clones survive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, Feb 3, 2019.

1. #1 Smokexbreak, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    So our power is out here currently. I have some clones in a DWC cloner. Now that my powers out there’s no oxygen getting to my root system how long can I leave them in the cloner? Or should i transfer them right. Now? Is there a window or am i fucked here?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Size of clones? Are they showing a bunch of tap roots? New growth etc?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. They have developed a nice root system. I’m running to grab some
    Coffee and then I’ll get some pics shoulda done that in the first place. Gimme 10 minutes

4. Pics added to first post entry.

5. They will be fine. They are still taking up oxygen above your water line. It’s just not oxygenating the water so bacteria could grow if left this way.

6. Just raise your water level to where roots can dip toes in or higher. But not too high to drown out your roots

7. Okay cool. They are supposed to have it fixed within a couple hours if that just needed to make sure I wasn’t gonna have to transplant early.

8. Just a couple hours is nothing really. Water really starts ‘stagnating’ at around 48hrs from my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah dont worry theyre quite well established, if any would be an issue you would be the closest on the right in the photo... but in all seriousness a few hours wont create any danger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Well that’s good to know! They’ve already got it back up and running i appreciate the feedback!

11. I would transplant them soon unless they are going to a similar system.

12. Btw, do you find this better than cutting clones and putting them in say rockwool or rapid rooters in terms of speed of rooting?

I’ve always been interested in making one. I do dwc, but generally do the baggie method on clones. It has great success rate, but I’m impatient af sometimes lol.

13. I’d transfer. I’ve done it with less roots. Seedling/potting up early

14. Question semi pertaining to this. Say I have half or more of a gal of water with nutes in it. I shake it up a few times a day and open cap for a few seconds to let air out when I do. How long is it good for? Will it smell differently when it “goes bad”. I use fox farm. MOAB and terminator

15. well according to growers of farm crops (let's use lettuce for an example) that use the Kratky method, long enough for the entire crop to be produced.
    I just took a picture of my wife's project for you...
    DSCF2440.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. Agitation alone can put enough oxygen in the water providing it’s getting fresh air. This is one method used in outdoor ponds to keep fish from dying suffocating so it must work well enough.

Not sure on the smell. No doubt the plants will probably be ok with stank water (ever heard of earthjuice). It more of a question of bacteria growth. Even with constant airstones bacteria can still breed like crazy if other things are off.

• Agree Agree x 1