EZ clone solution question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by unixpro, Aug 25, 2011.

1. HI guys, what nutrient solution are you using for cloning, I just got an ez cloner and getting ready to do my first clones, however im not sure what would be the best nutrient, I have clonex gel, and also the large bottle of clonex clone solution, should i be using something else, or in addition to this?

cheers!

2. You should do fine with only Ph proper water. No nutrient necessary for the babies.
    :yummy:

3. No nutrients but, some thrive alive B1, superthrive etc will provide the hormones for a good enviorment to establish the root system....That cloning solution may be for that purpose....

4. Listen to Elson. His advice is excellent.

I would like to add that the supplements are a recipie for growing bacteria in the cloner tank. If you put nutes in the clone water, bacteria will thrive but the roots wont. In a commercial cloner such as EZ clone, tank temperatures are always high which exacerbates the growth of bacteria. Keep the tank water at 76 degrees.

I get good roots in 6- 8 days in plain water.

5. Thanks guys!! I'll give it a shot, ill post results after 10 days or so.

cheers!

6. so what did you use that didnt work? im only guessing what you did failed, as this disappeared after all the advice...