Eye in the sky

Discussion in 'Security' started by Spanky13, Jun 25, 2010.

1. can anyone reccomend a way to mask heat signature from a grow...the county i live in has helicopters with heat sensor cameras that fly around at night....technically its illegal to that without a warrant....but the "man" doesnt need no stinkin warrants in my town.....any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated:D

2. dont grow... its not worth it if they're doing shit like that...

3. its not that serious if like every other person ive ever met in my town is either growin or has grown...its probably not as serious as i make it seem i just wanna know if anyone has tips..u cant be too careful :D

4. it's only as risky as you make it man... if you do it right nobody will even know you're doing it... start out growing legal things like tomatoes and after awhile that's what you'll be doing and everyone will know and when you switch it over to MJ nobody will notice...

5. im in a big town over here....no one's gonna be paying attention to what im doin really...actually im in (my opinion) the rudest city in the US...people dont really care whether or not u live or die.....im more concerned with the heat sig...tryin to see if anyone has any experience or suggestions...

6. the magic city......

7. #8 itsy, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    You can do simple things like insulate your room very well, but the heat still has to go somewhere right? Flir can't see through walls all it see's is hot surfaces and where the heat is leaking. Try exhausting your heat down near a water heater, connect it to your air conditioning exhaust, maybe into your chimminey? Yes, it will be easily noticed but it will appear peferfectly normal. People always hype this topic. Try not to stress about it too much, this is the most unlikley way to get caught. Just common sense.

8. Sizzlean screen, to block the nosy pig's vision. Dr.Green thumb has 'em 1800713GROW lol just keep your grow room temps as low as possible w/out hurting your plants, no excessive heat signature no probable cause to kick down your door.

9. sorry guys....i know im a noob...had to ask....

10. I wouldn't worry about it. For all a fliring helicopter knows, you have reptiles in your room...who knows what could be in there???

11. C3 Anti-Detection Film, & if used w/ foylon will work, read http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-growing/165331-getting-most-your-lights.html

12. very cool..probably exactly what i was lookin for...thanks everybody for the help?

hey jc...any idea on pricing for the good stuff?

13. for the C3-ANTI film?

14. well yea....

15. Just mix up the lighting ratio from pure HID to some LED. You can use LED for VEG and Flowering, but lots of people prefer HPS for flowering. Doesn't hurt a plant to ditch half the HPS and add LED. Yield should be the same. I'm pissing in my pants using LED's, even though my state is legal I hate the fact that some dipshit can illegally turn on a piece of equipment and look into my spot. More of a privacy issue then anything. But LED's just about solve the problem you are faced with.

16. i respectfully disagree with you. yes, go ahead and switch out half your HPS with LED's, you'll lose the heat but A LOT of yield. LED's just dont cut it compared to HPS.

OP, unless you're running like a couple 600watters or 1000watts in your un-insulated attic, or pumping the heat directly out the window of a grow room, i wouldnt be TOO worried about it.

17. How much lights would be used? its not as easy for flir cameras to spot grow ops as they make out, i know growers used 1200wat hps and more for small ops and they have always been fine.

18. If you have a house with a rafted subfloor. you can vent it under your house to mask, or Vent into your attic. Another option is to vent it into your laundry duct.