Extremely underdeveloped

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ogmarcus, Jan 2, 2017.

1. #1 ogmarcus, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    So this is what I have, it is way older than it looks, like seven weeks or something.

The root system is obviously terrible, and the whole thing is clearly deprived of light.

Should I be able to nurture it back to health and get the roots flourishing? make it worth keeping? If so how the heck do I do that..

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks to all in advance

[​IMG]

2. Shit bro I forgot lol here you go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

3. i'd scrap it.

4. Daaaaamn bro I really don't want to.. I probably sound dumb as hell but I'm limited on plants this year and I'm trying to make some money off of what I have.

I'm just gonna loosen up the soil to see if the roots will spread out more and give it a lot of light

Thank you for putting some sense in me though

5. First off, why is it out of the soil? Secondly, the soil should have enough perlite to be airy enough for the roots. That plant will be stunted for a few weeks probably if you got it to survive

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. for real, if you start a new one and dont stunt it it could be that size in less than a week, that looks like a 5-7 day old seedling to me if that lol

not trying to put you down, but that thing isnt worth keeping tbh

7. do it right and at 7-8 weeks you should be about right here no problem

290072049-KIMG0026.jpg

and this one is even showing signs of mild N def developing lol

you want at LEAST 30-40% perlite, i do 50% (the dark layer on top here is just some nice poultry and goat manure compost i water through during veg so i can get by with less nutrients atm, and you want your ph to stay between 6.5-6.8 on the intake, in the soil, and on the drainage. And you do NOT want your soil full of sticks or bark or too much compost, will cause soil acidity issues and lockout nutrients and force them to stall if it doesnt just outright kill them ;)

If your 100% organic keep your PH neutral, is a safe place to be, your soil ecosystem will somewhat regulate itself if you do.

8. Bury as deep in the soil as you can and go for it

• Like Like x 1
  9. I know it looks super young, I have one more seed and another plant that's doing good.

The reason that it's out of the soil is because I was curious as to how the roots were doing and as I expected.. very bad.

And about that perlite stuff I don't know what it is and how or where to get it.

10. Perlite is essentially for creating a nice airy soil that plants love. It's a white porous rock type material that you buy in a garden section

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I really wish I could see that picture.. via tapatalk I can't view half of the pictures posted, they show up like this[​IMG]

12. Oh I think my soil already has that in it.

Little white rocks that I thought were nutrient pellets or something lmao

13. most do, but you want at least 30-40% of the mix to be perlite, needs to be a light airy soil

as for as seeing the picture, just sign into gc using your browser, click the options menu, and then click display full desktop site once you navigate to this page, you should see the pics in post full size.

If you using an iphone, all i can say is oh well xD

14. My soil is FAR from light and airy, more like muddy.. sad but I can't do anything about it until I get my hands on some new bagged dirt

15. #16 lalamann, Jan 2, 2017
    you need to order a bag of perlite too, pretty much NO premixed soil is adequate for cannabis. Cactus soil works OK, but even that is only like 25% soil, for my cacti i do MINIMUM 50% perlite, for cannabis i do MINIMUM 40%, but im sure 30-40% would be ok, you also want to filter out all of the bark and filler stick material. its only there to take up space and causes random PH drops

if you want to actually make any money, you will also need to invest in at least a setup with a 600 watt HPS or something equivalent, below that its really a grow for personal consumption level.

i grow for personal use, if i were to start selling ALL of what i grow, thats only an extra 8 grand a year or so, and thats like half what a minimum wage job pays.

if you want to make real money growing you gotta dive in deep with the big boys so to speak xD

you need perfect soil, high yeilding strains, and a veg area suitable to keep many many clones at a time at different stages of growth vegging to replace harvested plants immediately, and its a shit load of work and time involved lol

Again, not trying at all to put you down or anything, we all started somewhere, it's just better to hear that to begin with then to jump in like i did expecting to be far more successful than i actually was, pulling the biggest yield your setup can allow consistently is no easy task.

16. I don't need THAT much money just enough to do some stuff here and there. I'm only on one 13w cfl, switching to four in about a week or so, but I'm moving my operation outside once April comes around.

17. if you can get ahold of some 23 watters, a lot more efficient for veg than the 13

• Like Like x 1
  18. #19 ogmarcus, Jan 2, 2017
    Will do

19. good luck, make sure you get ahold of some perlite!

• Like Like x 1