Extreme-Q or Dabuddha/SSV

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by cannabis1990, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I am looking to purchase a good vaporizer, which do you think is better the Extreme-Q, the Dabuddha or the SSV?

2. Most will say the ssv. I have an extreme q and love it a lot. Great huge hits and flavor

3. If you're looking to save some bills, you can get a DBV for around 160$ instead of getting an SSV for 100$ more. SSV compared to DBV's have little to no differences, aside from the more aesthetically pleasing design capabilities that the SSV has compared to the Buddha. Never tried an Extreme Q, so I can't compare, but I've had my DBV for about 3-4 months and seriously love it. Buy the water pipe adapter, hook that bitch up to a bong and trust me, you won't be disappointed :cool:

4. I ordered my DBV from vapeworld.com on 420, I cant wait for it to come!! it should be here in 2 days. It cost me 166 total, comes with a free 4 piece grinder which im pretty siked about too.

5. DBV over SSV; same thing, but buddha is cheaper and you can leave the joint in the adapter (SSV isn't hand free, or wasn't when I bought my buddha). Grab the arizer though if you like to have big group sessions; the bag can be a novelty to break out now and then.

6. If you want the versatility of both bags and whips - you should get the Extreme Q. It's great at both, and will hold up well.

However, if you don't care that much about bags (like myself) SSV/DBV is undoubtedly a better whip vaporizer.

Personally I was faced with that choice and got the SSV, and am very happy with it. However you'd be very happy with either.

7. I chose a SSV, but sometimes think all the fancy options of the Extreme-Q would be nice...

8. #8 ignila, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    I own a DBV, and my friend has an EQ. I honestly don't notice much of a difference when using the whips (not enough to say one is better than the other anyways).

I don't really like bags, but if you vape with a group a lot, the bag option on the EQ might be a better option than the SSV or DBV whips. The bags definitely don't give you the same thick hits as the whip though so that kind of sucks.

As far as bang for your buck, I think the DBV is probably the front runner, but for group sessions you can't beat the bags from the EQ. The SSV is wicked too, I have only got to use one three times though so I can't really comment on it.

9. Ditto, my dbv is great. It's droppped off a counter atleast 3 times and it still works awesome.

10. Yeah what it really comes down to is that the 7th floor vapes are damn near indestructable. They are full analog so have almost no margin for failure as well.

If you want to hit bags though, which is a fun thing to do every once in a while then get the EQ. Arizer has a great warranty and are well built too. You won't go wrong with either.

11. My comparison between Extreme q and da buddha, I have dbv and a friend has extreme q.

Extreme Q is digital, you will get the same vape everytime and is alot easier to find the right temp. Da buddha you will get the same vape everytime but you will have to find the sweet spot first.

The extreme Q is also cool because the heater cover (glass piece connecting to whip) can be rotated 360degrees, it's great for a group sesh and imo harder to break than the long arm sticking out the side of the dbv.

In a way the analogue control is better too, if the extreme Q display was to break, you're fucked and unless it's covered by warranty you will have to pay to get it fixed.
    DBV (and ssv) are both manual so fixing it is an easy job with enough knowledge of how electronics work.

IMO either way you will be happy, both have pros and cons but they both get you (equally) high.

12. I <3 my remote

13. All 3 are amazing vapes I wana say get the ssv but the extream is such a fantastic vape. You can't go wrong With eathor vape. IV you want bags an a whip get the extream the ssv will hit a Tad bit more harder other wise there pretty even.

14. how do you do it man i got 1 right now and i cant get big vapes

15. [quote name='"Johnny Blazed"']

how do you do it man i got 1 right now and i cant get big vapes[/quote]

Pack the bud in the elbow is the only thing i can say. Ive gotten huge clouds even not packing it in the elbow. What temps you use

16. ??????? im new to digital bro i used a vapor bros for years

17. What is your routine with using it? When I had one I would preheat it up to 350f, and finely grind my bud. If I was using the whip I'd take the glass elbow piece with the domed screen in it and suck bud into the basket part. Put it in and get ripped. For bags I put about .5 in the cyclone bowl. How much are you putting in and how ground is it?

18. I set my EQ for 400 gets me blasted and thick clouds I love the remote for the EQ also I have it connected to my 18mm roor for taking vape bong hits. But it's glass on glass so it's easy to use other bongs with 18mm connect.

19. ok so 350 and suck the weed into the elbow w/ the screen sweet ill try

i just got it awhile ago and never of thought of using the elbow

how long is a good preheat?

20. I start at 330 and progressively get hotter till 400.

Go to youtube and type extreme q elbow pack to learn

I preheat for 5 mins