extreme drooping?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xsmokey, May 12, 2010.

1. with my seedling about 2 and a half weeks old the leaves on the first and only node (i think thats whhat it is) were fine 3 hours ago i checked my plants just now and they started getting really droopy if it helps they were in the dark wile this happend i brought them in because it is dark and i would rather them be warm and no light then cold and no light you know what i mean? i just want to know why they are drooping and what i can do to fix it- btw im sorry for the bad grammer in advance thanks

2. #2 mills69, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    hey it doesnt sound to bad, sometimes they just do that, it also can be from overwatering(or well any number of things), but really its impossible to say without a pic

3. i will try to get a pic up soon as i figure out how to get it from my cell to my computer and i know its not from over watering because i only watered it once today

4. do you water daily? as typically thats way too much, are you letting the soil dry out a good amount between waterings?

5. yeah i water it daily but not a lot of water at a time since its only in a small cup w/o drainage so i do not need to use a lot of water at a time i would say around 2 tablespoons worth of water

6. pics will be up in 5

7. im sure you prob know thry need their own pots or they will kill them selfs off, or atleast 1 will kill off the weaker 1, plus u get many issues like roots entangled etc & they fight for food/light/root space & so on

anyway, my adviced is you need to repot into another pot that has drainage holes in the bottom ASAP, then give them a good soaking so that some water runs out the drainages holes, then dont water untill the soil has dryed out a good amount, dont be worrie if the soil on top gets dry & shit, also what soil are you using? what water(tap etc?) & you fed any nutes etc yet? to be honest they look like their going the way of my mates plants & that was just simply from him keeping the soil damp & not letting it dry out

8. ok thanks what would be the easiest way of putting them into seperate pots without harming them ive been scared to transplant them i know i had to do it sometime soon i have just been putting it off and the soil is just a 50/50 mix of regular dirt and whatever soil flowers from a nursery come in and no i have not used any nutes yet but i plan on using miracle grow

9. and i have been using poland spring bottled water (trying to keep it clean as possible)

10. ok i think the soil isnt helping, also dont go for MG soil if you can help it, im not saying get a more pricy 1, quite the oppisite, for your new soil dont use any 'dirt' from outdoors or any unknown source, all you need to a nice cheap plain soil, with NOTHING added this way you control the nute etc & how much they get (just do a search on here & find out just how nasty MG soil is to out lovely MJ plants lol)

as for seperating them i've never had to do this & i dont want to give bad advice lol, but i think the sooner its done the better like you mentioned, i think the best way would be to just gently get them out the pot, tap at the soil to loosen & knock off soil, & then i think just use common sense lol, in that id just do my best to seperate them without breaking any roots (yea i know easyier said than done!) soz thats prob not all that helpful for getting them apart dude

ps that water is ok i would think, i only use tap myself with no problems ever

11. ok thanks for the help and il look around for tips on transplanting these i am gonna stop putting it off first thing tomorrow they will be separated

12. good shit dude if you check out the beginner section theres a sticky in there for transplanting (although i dont think it covers seperating 2 plants lol)

let me know how it goes dude, good or bad(hopefully good!)

13. ok thanks il keep you posted