Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Extended Airtight Storage

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by chillax, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Hey blades,

I typically store my bud in some small airtight containers that each hold about 1/4 oz. (container store).

For larger amounts, I keep it a ziplock bag inside another airtight container.

Should I be concerned with mold?

The bud is typical bud -- cured but fluffy and not extremely dry (who wants rock hard nugs?). Should I open the container for a little each day or keep it shut entirely ... ?

I appreciate the advice. :)

Edit: Also, how long would the bud stay good in this situation. I know people store harvested nug in airtight containers for long periods of time -- how do they prevent mold? Is storing it in a cool dark place good enough?

Peace,
    chillax

2. Mason jars keep your goods fresh for a long ass time no worry of mold. You should open the jar for 10 minutes a day to cure it.

3. Best storage is with air tight glass jars style of your choice .If your bud is already dried and cured you want to open as least as possible, so keep a immediate smoke jar and a your long term storage jars separate. if intended to store for more then a month I suggest you store in the refrigerator, if this in not a safe option a cool dark area is fine. If your buds have been dried and cured properly and stored in a suitable location you will not need to worry about mold and your buds will keep there potency for a year plus if kept properly sealed.