Explaining weed to parents?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mythixx, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I am a senior in high school who gets over all good grades. I toke a bit here and there, but when I went to my truck this morning when I was leaving for work I noticed my bag with about 2g and my piece in it was gone. My mom is a nurse and I feel like it won't be easy to explain to her al though my older brother used to smoke and I believe she knew about that and he turned out fine. After first trying weed I continued mostly because it helps with an inner ear problem I have that would keep me from sleeping and it helps alot so I feel like thats how I would explain it to her. Anyone have any tips or share some stories of personal experience?

2. Say these words exactly.

"Mom, dad, I smoke weed".

There ya go, enjoy.  :bongin:

3. Well sure but the problem is they are extremely ignorant and are not understanding.

4. #4 lFourTwenty, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    Explain to them that you have been using it as medication for your inner ear problem, how it helps you sleep, how it helps your appetite, nausea from the pain. There are many valid points you could make, however, if you are in a state where it's illegal, you can expect to hear "I don't want you being part of anything illegal" and all that good stuff about the law.

Also make a reference to the side effects from your other medication.
    I went through the same thing man, my parents are extremely religious and we live in the south where people still think weed is this harmful devil drug.
    After having many, many discussions with my parents about marijuana, and the medicinal properties, they came around. Of course your parent doesn't want you breaking the law, but explain to them why this is a law and how the law came to be in the first place. How it is an extremely unjust law, that was created on the basis of pure racism.
    If your parents are even remotely reasonable, then they will at least listen to your side of it.

5. Good points. I think the only issue is the legality, even though the cops have pulled me over once and made me dump my bag, I didnt get in any legal trouble at all.

6. why do you need to explain it to them?

just hide it like every other kid does..

what happens if she flips out.. then you created all of this drama for no reason.

personally i wouldn't try and explain shit until you get caught and have no choice.

7. My stuff is missing from my car which more than likely means she found it

8. If you must tell them, explain that its legal in 18 states for medical benefits. And the government lies about it to make it seem like it can kill you, because they want you to turn to big pharma instead so that they can profit, rather than the state.

I don't know your parents, but it seems like you'd be better off telling them rather than them catching you hiding it.

9. Thanks for the replies ill keep everything in mind and post results later

10. Went over pretty well talked to mom and she is literally only worried about me getting arrested, but i told her i wouldnt smoke anymore so that kinda sucks but oh well shit happens.

11. make them sit down and watch "The union: the business behind getting high" with you. thank me later

12. @grannystormcrow

13. Did someone call my name? :laughing:

Mythixx, I have something that may be quite useful to you, "Granny Storm Crow's List"! It is a HUGE collection of medical studies and news articles about the studies. Among the sections in my List is one on "Sleep Modulation" which has several studies showing how cannabis improves sleep even with painful conditions.

The format looks like this-  (from the "Cancer- Breast" section)

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma       (full - 2006)      http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/318/3/1375.full

9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer through Cdc2 Regulation       (full - 2006)       http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/full/66/13/6615

Cannabinoids As Cancer Hope      (article - 2006)  http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6814

Anandamide inhibits adhesion and migration of breast cancer cells.      (abst - 2006)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16343481?dopt=Abstract

Cannabidiol inhibits tumour growth in leukaemia and breast cancer in animal studies      (news - 2006)
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=220#2

To get a free PDF copy of the List, just check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email. If you are on an app that doesn't show sigs, you can PM me your email address. I usually get the List to you within 48 hours. Since your mom is a nurse, she will understand the significance of that first study, and here is another she really should read-

A Molecular Link between the Active Component of Marijuana and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology      (full - 2006)        http://www.ukcia.org/research/AlzheimersDiseasePathology.pdf

Hope that helps!

Granny

14. I've thought about how I might explain it to my parents someday. Mostly I feel like I would just say, "Would you rather I get high and play music and watch NOVA documentaries or get drunk, sick, and go home with some guy I don't know?"

I feel like it's pretty obvious that getting high is infinitely safer, from a parental perspective, than getting drunk. At least when the parents don't have wild misconceptions about the herb.

15. mythixx all i will say is explain it to yourself my friend

16. My sisters a nurse and she lets me and her husband toke all day long :p

17. I am a senior in high school who gets over all good grades. [​IMG]

18. [quote name="holyholyholy" post="19239394" timestamp="1388190590"]I've thought about how I might explain it to my parents someday. Mostly I feel like I would just say, "Would you rather I get high and play music and watch NOVA documentaries or get drunk, sick, and go home with some guy I don't know?"I feel like it's pretty obvious that getting high is infinitely safer, from a parental perspective, than getting drunk. At least when the parents don't have wild misconceptions about the herb.[/quote]Is that supposed to be Timmy Turner in you pic? If so, that's sick lol if not then idk..

19. Hah yeah it totally is!! Glad you got the reference

20. Oxymoron in the title.Explaining weed & parentsHahahahahHYou're too highSent from my medulla oblongata.