explain how to regenerate a plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blackdawg117, Jan 23, 2013.

1. i know its time consuming but she done me well. I hear that you remove the upper portion and leave small "popcorn" nugs to grow. so instead of completley destroying the upper portion of my plant could i just jank trim the buds then put it back to veg. state. concerning the buds themselves dont they get moldy over time an why must they remain. the answer probably lies within my next questions explanation to if the plant gets to stressed it may become a hermy and potentially may ruin my shit.

reason both my plants in flowering now considering cloning from a re veged mother

2. #3 JackHerer34, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    I'm not positive on just trimming the buds off and leaving branches. I have re vegged a plant before but i did the other way. I harvested everything and left a little less than 1/3 of my plant. Just made a clean chop at the main stem and left the rest there. Flipped back to 18/6 and she eventually made a come back. The buds won't get moldy..assuming you don't have a ridiculous humidity problem. Where you see those popcorn buds will be the area that starts branching out. And it branches out like crazy from each bud spot. So you end up having a very bushy looking plant, but it takes a few weeks for it to revert and start producing new vegetation. It just takes patience. You might think it's dying and done for but it's not. Mine never turned hermie and i did end up taking clones once she reestablished herself. It's not the most efficient grow in the world but if you don't want to lose the genetics it's a good option. In my experience, the bud didn't lose any potency either..just as good and tasty as the first harvest.

and once you switch lights back, start with your veg nutes again. I recommend a transplant into a bigger pot also, but I waited till i noticed new vegetation to avoid excessive shock to the plant