Expert help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loudog2008, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Need advice from experts to help me not fuck up this grow!!!Thanks

Seeds: 5 Non-feminized Northern Lights X Bubblegum
    1 Non-feminized Bubblegum

Lighting: 1 fluorescent until I feel theyre big enough to go under the 8 bulb t5 light.

Medium: 75 % peat moss, 25% perlite.

ventilation: fan blowing over plants and intake and outtake holes.

Lighting sched.: 24hr. until i put them under big light, then 18/6.

- out of the seeds 3 have sprouted so far, and have been put under a 40 watt cfl in some peat moss pots in a mix of 75 % peat moss and 25 % perlite. I mixed in 2 ml. of Jumpstart rooting accellerator into 1 litre of water and used a bit of it for the presoak in the peat pots.

-My concern is whether i should even be putting the light on the seeds no that they are sprouted and put under some soil, should I have presoaked with jumpstart..

If you need any more info to answer questions let me know, I just want to make sure I do good on this one because some NTL X Bubblegum sounds sooo good

2. should even be putting the light on the seeds no that they are sprouted and put under some soil, should I have presoaked with jumpstart.. That's were u lost me:confused:

3. I think you are meaning putting them under lights NOW that they are sprouted? If so, yes. Your 40 watt CFL will be fine until they get a couple of sets of leaves and then stick them under the T5s. I dont think it will matter whether you presoaked or not. Should be good to go!

4. okay thanks man and also I was wondering about the mix of 75% peat moss and 25% perlite, should I add anything else to this or will this be good?? As for nutrients I have heard advanced nutrients are the best, what do you reccomend for nuts( veg, flower, shock treatment??)

5. The 75% peat / 25% perlite mix would be considered a soiless mix, so whatever nutes you go with, mix as if for hydro or soiless.
    Yes, AN products are good, as are GH, Botanicare, Canna to name a few. Personally, I have found that with AN, there are a lot more additional components you need to buy to get optimum growth, and it can get quite spendy.
    I have been using the Lucas Formula, which is recommended by several esteemed growers on this site and it is about as simple as it gets, while providing excellent nutrition for your plants. Lucas uses 2 of 3 parts GH nutes in his formula.
    All of the nutrient manufacturers have several different products in their line, you might want to find a one or two part to begin with.
    As a sidenote, when I was using a similar setup as you, with the perlite/peat medium, I would bottom feed my plants. This soiless mix wicks the nutes almost all the way up to the top of the container. The theory behind this is that as the medium dries and the moisture is pulled out by the plant and evaporation, it pulls fresh oxygen into the root zone, which benefits the roots, and plant. When you bottom feed, as the soluton is wicking up through the mix, it displaces all the stale air in the medium. Since you are doing more than one plant, it would be interesting to try this on one or two, and top water the others, just to see if there is any significant benefit.
    Have fun and good luck....