Experience With Futurola Joint Roller

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by DesMoinesNative, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Hello to all. I just thought I would outline my experiences with this nifty little device I've had for a few weeks now. I ordered both the Kingsize model and a pack of transparent papers from Grasscity.

Build
    The roller is about the length of one and a half iPod touches (not a very good reference point but it is what is in front of me). Sturdy plastic with a nylon fabric that forms the rolling part. Mine came in black and charcoal grey, which looks really sleek and stealthy. Looks like a pencil holder almost. It opens up to reveal the inside where the "tobacco" is placed, and then you can pull it open another bit, much like the way a snake's jaw extends.

Function/Ease of Use
    The reviews on the product's page do not lie, this DOES take a while to get used to. It is extremely frustrating to deal with for a while. The rolling "mat" (the nylon fabric) does not consistently roll accurately. If you do not make a concentrated effort with both thumbs rolling at the same time, the whole balance of the roll will be thrown off. It is difficult to use, still I have some problems with it, but there is a little magic in the moment you open it to see a perfect joint rolled.

Parting Thoughts
    It is imperative to use a filter with it. It drastically improves the overall structure of the joint and makes hitting it easier and with the clear papers, the filter becomes caramelized, which is actually really neat. Not all "tobacco" works with this; sometimes I have used "tobacco" that is too finely ground and it does not hold quite well. If you have the twenty five or so bucks to spend, I implore you to spend five on a few packs of papers and the rest on some good herb, and practice rolling yourself. I use this when my arthritis hampers my ability to roll. I hope this will help any of those wondering what exactly this is, and if you should get it.

2. I am def considering the roller. I am horrible at rolling joints lol. i hav a bowl but theres just more satisfaction with a joint...no clue why.

do rollers ever wear out or break down?