Experience needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Growforfun852, Jul 6, 2015.

1. hi everyone
    firstly i apologise if i have jumped in on someones thread .. im still learning how to use this forum.
    anyway i and after some advise from an experienced grower. I am concerned that my plants are not growing healthy and they are stunted.
    i must admit early in life they were subjected to high heat (95f) for a few days when my air con packed up so basically i have had trouble with controlling the temps and humidity.
    I have since managed to upgrade my setup(see pics). They are currently 5.5 inch tall and approaching 5 weeks old(from when they sprouted through the soil). I dont think i have over watered as i have only watered when soil is bone dry down to my first knuckle when pushed in soil.
    so please anyone that has some helpful advise or can help please let me know.
    i thank everyone in advance for any help.
    im concerned with the 3 larger ones in pics the other 3 are only a week and a half old right now.
    Setup.
    -600 w eurolux dual spectrum hps
    -6 100w 6500k cfl
    -10 litre pots
    -1.2m2 tent
    -soil with perlite 75/ 25 mix
    -hesi tnt complete and hesi root complex nutrients at 1/2 strength
    -Plants are Jack Herer and one Critical 2.0 both autoflower.
    -temp range from 72F when lights off to 82F at hottest when on
    -was on a 24/0 light schedule but switched to a 20/4 schedule 3 days ago
    Thanks everyone

Attached Files:

2. Uh wow you are trying to grow to many plants with the little amount of light you have. Thats why they are not growing.

3. ok thanks for the help
    i thought a 600w hps plus 6 100 watt 6500k lights would be enough for 3-6 plants in a 1.2x1.2x2.0 tent??

4. You do have enough light to veg. You should be watering every 2 to 3 days...soil should be at least a little moist from the last watering. Looks to me there still showing signs of heat stress. Do you have an exhaust fan to get rid of the hot old air? And you're going to need a fan to blow just over those plants.

5. Trickuk
    thanks for the advise.
    i have 2 fans moving the air around in the tent and the hot air is sucked out through carbon filter and cool tube then out the top and i also have a air con pumping cool air in the bottom. I water every 2 or three days when the soil is dry to the first knuckle.
    Im just concerned my girls are under developed and not as big as they should be for thier age and strain
    thanks for the help

6. Ok, how far is you main light from the plants?

7. currently i have it sat 18 inches above the top canopy. And the cfl's are about 2-6 inches away
    thanks

8. You have an hps in there? What is you're light cycle?

9. yes i have a 600w hps dual spectrum light and 6 100 watt 6500k cfl.
    they have been on a 24 on zero off cycle untill last week now i have put them on a 20 on 4 off cycle.
    Is that the correct light cycle for them ??

10. #10 12valve, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    edit: already answered.

11. Autos grow well with a 20-4 light cycle.
    Auto will start to flower with in 5 to 6week..and it looks like they have started.
    I've seen autos that tall at harvest.

12. ok thanks for all the advise everyone.
    Trichuk thats interesting i was expecting them to be much bigger. I think your right the white pistals are forming now at the base of the leaves. So i guess im expecting them to start flowering soon. Should i be worried about the size or do you think they will improve when i flip them to a 12 on 12 off flowering cycle ?

13. #13 Trichuk, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    They might get a little stretch going. I have seen 2 to 3 foot autos...but I think you have a little to much ruderalis genetics in them...and thats possibly why there so short.
    Because I know Jack can get to 3.5 feet...so I'm thinking bad genetics.

14. man i hope for my sake thats not the case ... but i sounds right..
    i think i have been doing ok on the grow and the plants are healthy ..i just couldnt understand why they were so small ..
    thank you for all the help i am going to see these out and get some new seeds soon. Any suggestions on whats a good yielder and good quality?

15. Do you want to go auto feminized or just feminized?

16. id prefer just feminized to autos so i have more control over the grow but im ready to be educated on any advise to why one would be better.
    i have the time and patience to tend to them and work with them and am keen to reach the gram per watt standard one day so ... either i guess

17. Well all autos are feminized but I know what you mean. Just a feminized seed is normally only cut from the Sativa or Indica plant...no ruderalis in them.
    Well yes you can and have more control with the feminized seeds compare to the auto's. Autos don't yield as much that's for sure...and your not going to get your gram per watt. it's hard to top and FIMM an auto with out issues...but it's been done.
    You do however have to put more work in to just feminized plants....but it's worth it!
    Super Silver Haze is a great yielded or white widow is also nice.
    I'm growing Crown Royale and Blue Berry. Blue Berry is just regular seed..Crown Royale is a feminized seed.

18. Thanks thats great advise.
    I think ill take your suggestions and go for 3 silver haze and 3 white widow... ive also heard good thing about cheese or blue cheese so might give them a go aswell.
    I really appreciate the help mate massive rep up for you
    thanks

19. Oh yes... Can't forget about those ones...there's just so many to pic from. Personal preference has to do with a lot of it to.