Existence of higher beings?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by alicedee07, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I look at it like this, the reason that so MANY THINGS CARRY DMT is because the Universe is the product of the brain and different chemicals carry different dimensional octaves. For instance, we hold transmitters for THC because the brain created this chemical.

I know this sounds hard to swallow but I am basically saying different chemicals especially the ones produced by the body and brain hold different dimensional octaves, beings or concsiousness's.

Pick all three for all I care, whichever one floats your boat.....

2. Yes, but how can such a poison have such a profound impact on humanity? I mean let's face it. Psilocybin for instance, has had an enormous impact on humanity. Creativity, spirituality, faith, you name it. Same thing with DMT. DMT especially since it is already found in our own body and there is a specialized structure where it is fabricated. The pineal gland becomes visible at 7 weeks into pregnancy. That is exactly the same time the sex is determined. I just refuse to believe that something like this is completely spontaneous and unplanned. I mean of course I exaggerated since I was blazed as fuck that this is proof that there is some form of god, but there has to be some truth to it.

3. Look you can't PROVE your parents exist outside of (whoever) you (are). To experience birth (being) perhaps you needed parents (to give you being). Just saying...

It's all interdependence.

It's all about interpenetration.

4. I like this +rep

5. Hey listen, we are the higher beings, just at a different level of evolution which is basically the same.

Everything cycles but it is also the same, so in short nothing really cycles cause everything is completely still(connected).

I know somebody understands this shit.....

6. There has, to be something out there alive, But where.:cool:

7. You have some good points...

I don't doubt there is a higher being, that would be ignorant, but as of right now I'm pretty much atheist.

8. So your argument is that since humans, and plants that have psychological effects on humans exist, that therefore there are higher beings planning this?

9. Someone's claiming there's too much order for this to be chance.

10. i agree with people that you did not prove that higher beings exist. it is a possibility, but you cant prove that it is true.
    and also, maybe is there ARE "higher beings," could there be a "higher being" above the "higher being" we call God?

11. Gotcha.

Either way, there is a good proof for mind-body dualism, which suggests that there are minds without bodies. Basically, it uses the Principle of Necessity of Metaphysical Identity (this means that if a=b, then it is necessary that a=b, so, since if a did equal b, it would not be possible for it there to be any differences, or if a = b, it is not conceivable that a not equal b, so if it is at all possible for a not to equal b, it must not equal b) to state that since it is possible that since it is at least conceivable for there to be minds without bodies, then therefore minds are separate from bodies, and that there are in fact minds without bodies, and bodies without minds.

If you guys are looking for a good argument for existence for God, I could spit out some of those too.

12. Did you use your mind to come up with that one? How did you type it out? With your body? :)

13. You've also got to look at the fact that this little plant can be used in SO many different ways for humanity. Fuel, paper, fiber etc and it just so happens that its seeds are essentially a perfect food for the human body.

14. It could all be in your mind, just as your mind could be in everything. Where do we draw the line?

15. What? I typed it out with my body, and thought of it with my mind... yes. I don't see your point. Mind and Body are tied to each other, but are not the same thing imo.

16. #37 FCFondler, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    1. We have no conception of high until we ascend
    2. Dualism/ality is only percieved by intention
    3. Humans are a complex inextricable compounds with self-governing order
    4. After all, we are only an insignificance of the universe, we can only observe enough/to the extent to satifsfy ourselves/each other with pleasure as the highest good

17. 1. If we recognize high, we obtain a 2nd hand conception of it, which is all you can have, because you have a very subjective 1st hand conception.
    2. Dualism is necessary by the Necessity of Meta-Physical Identity, and is not at all perceived.
    3. It is not provable that we do not have a meta-physical soul.
    4. We are above most other things in the world as self conscious matter, which is better than mindless matter. We also have observed enough to develop amazing things like math, physics, philosophy, MORALS, etc. We may well be very significant, as the only things with intelligence in the galaxy.

18. correct me if im wrong, but isnt this irony at its finest?

19. yes i was thinking the same thing :confused: