exhaust for a room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KracKerjacK, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ok, i plan on buying a foreclosure home sometime in the future and making a 3 room grow, one room to start plants off in, one for vegetation, and one for flowering, that way i can have a harvest around every 1.5-2 months. i don't plan on living in the house, this way the electricity from constant lighting wouldnt spark any suspicion since it would just be slightly higher than if someone was living there ya know.

now my question is, how would you go about setting up exhaust fans? or would this not really be that necessary since its not in a confined space and cracking a window or something would be suitable.

cuz i was thinking, if i got fans that go in your window in 3 different rooms that are always on that would definitely draw suspicion. i'm new to growing by the way, and this was the only thing i'm really unsure about. i'm thinking around 5-10 plants per room if that matters

2. That is quite the plan you have there.

So many things to consider.. you sure you got that all worked out and the only
    thing left is a question about weather you need ventilation or not? Wow! :)

Yes, you will want vents. You will want big vents with large carbon air filters
    for a grow that size.. ODOR GETS PEOPLE BUSTED!!!! Be smart!

~Experimentalist

3. #3 Duckhead, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
    I think you may have the "cart before the horse" if you are worried about ventilation issues on a property that you don't own yet.

With the current credit crunch financing is extremely hard to come by. Have you spoken to a mortgage broker and been pre-approved for your loan?

If your not going to stay there (IMO a poor decision for security reasons) can you afford both a place to live as well as the grow house?

Have you calculated all the start-up costs of a large grow? Its likely that equipment and construction costs will be $5k-$10k. Add to that $3k+ per month in operating expenses and it gets pricey quickly. I estimate $30k as the "from scratch" price on a first harvest on a big grow.

Not at all trying to dissuade you from starting an op, but I would challenge you to do a ton more research before you get started.

To answer your original question: The huge advantage to owning your own house is that you can do as you please. In creating grow room its often necessary to cut holes in the ceiling and floors for the ductwork needed for effective exhaust and odor control. Its never as easy as just sticking a fan in a window.

4. why not start on a smaller scale then work your way up to a 3 room grow like that, that way you can learn from each previous grow, getting all the details worked out for when you start a bigger grow op like this.

5. exactly