Exending Veg with extra hours of light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MikeC10305, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Hey guys I was told that if I place the plants under andextra 3 to 6 hours of floro light each night they wont flower, but how long can i prevent them from flowering? I understand that after a certain point the outdoor light will be mostly red spectrum and this wlll make it flower. SHould I go to 18/6? Im in NYC the sun rises at around 530 and goes down around 830. Do I need to put them under 24/0 constant light before switching to 18/6, etc??? THANKS Currently at a little below 15 hours of light Rise 5:39 Set: 8:24. I need to make a move before flowering begins. I was thinking I could go to mid september, mybe a bit later. When should I start flowering in order to get full effect? The eason I am doing this is because my growth was stunted and it put me abit behind....

2. IMHO, if you star mixing indor and solar lights, you run into problems.

3. I definetly respect the opinion of a seasoned grower, but what sort of problems? I have heard of people doing this before. Even if it is only an extra 4 hours it will make a difference?

4. The sun is much stronger than the indoor light so the plant won't know where it's at and possibly hermie or other problems (burn).