Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Excuses for withdrawing cash? *please read*

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by xHighImStoned, Feb 3, 2014.

Tell her that it's your money and they're not entitled to information about it. I'm 18 and if I worked and my parents asked me about where I spent my hard-earned money it would really piss me off. A Stamford professor came to my school for an event and she was talking about how the young adults and adolescents are increasingly stripped of their right in our society to make their own decisions. The school didn't do jack shit to change their policies, but I was captivated at how profound this commentary is. Just because you live in their house and just because they brought you into this world doesn't make it right for them to surveil every damn thing that you do.

TBH, I'm channeling my own frustrations here, we're basically in mirror situations as I have about $200 in unexplainable cash withdrawals. I'm also in my final year of high school and I'm also probably moving out next year. If my parents open my mail and read my bank statement, I'll just make up some bullshit(food, went to a movie, went to get an "intimate massage" -- the list goes on) Usually I'd just say Marijuana, but it's really pissing me off that people think they can use their words to shit on my life all the time just because I'm not a "full-adult". 

I've got certain legal rights, one of those rights is that if mail is addressed to ME, nobody is allowed to open that shit but me. Just because my parents know I wouldn't call the cops or a lawyer over something that benign(I wouldn't call the cops on my parents ever, just to be clear) doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to have my shit respected. 

2. You're 18 bruh, man the fuck up

3. "I need a fix"

4. you could tell her that youve been getting lunch at a bodega/??? everyday and they only accept cash (as many of them do). if your pretending u spend 5 dollars on lunch everyday and your pretending to buy lunch 5 days a week, thats an exscuse to be withdrawing 25 dollars a week.

5. This is how I wish my mom would see it. I think I might just tell her to mind her business honestly. I'm not a kid.

6. Step 1.) Leave your current joint account alone.
    Step 2.) Only use the money in that said joint account for regular day-to-day transactions.
    Step 3.) Go to the bank and start your own account.

...Assuming you are 18.

7. Tell her to stop being a nazi.

8. Just tell here "I spend it on ganja mother, relax".. seriously.

9. Any gas stations in your area give a discount for paying in cash? That's an excuse. Also you could go to the grocery store for a 2 dollar item and get cash back and say you got something bigger if she ask but I doubt she would ask what you spent 20-30 dollars on at the grocery store. Maybe she would though, you know her better than I do.

I think the main thing I would do is capitalize on every opportunity to inconspicuously acquire cash. Anytime you go somewhere and it offers cash back get at least $10. You do that 6 times and it's spread out over times you actually went to the store and it only made each purchase slightly more expensive. I don't know if your mom ever asks you to buy something for her and gives you cash but in that situation always pocket the cash and pay with your debit card. She is like the atm in that situation and all you gotta do is run her errand.

If you always take a little bit of cash out whenever the opportunity presents itself you can stockpile a cash fund that you keep separate that only you know about. That way you won't be hitting your account all at once, you'll have gotten a bit at a time before.

Another one you could use is if you go out to eat with friends if everyone's paying in cash have them give it to you and then put the meal on your debit card.

The ultimate solution I would say though is to open your own checking with your name only and then split your paycheck deposits. You can tell her you had the idea of keeping money separate to help you save by having one account for spending money and the other for saving. Since you went to the bank alone to open the new account she just happened to end up not being on it. What a shame...

10. Just withdraw $150-200 per week and say I prefer to hold cash than use my card. Gas is cheaper for your car when using cash. Pizza delivered usually need cash and is easier to pay with. Eating out is easier to pay with cash than wait for them to bring back the card

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum