Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eww! Seeds! Advice plz

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TrichomeHippie, Dec 10, 2009.

1. K i get my bud from my buddy, who's a dealer. I pick up off of him a lot and its always good bud, but tonight there was a misunderstanding with the pickup.

I went by his place to pick up a gerb to get me through the day. For some reason he misunderstood my txt to be an order for a doob, so upon meeting up he had to give me an additional .5g from his personal bud with the .5 of his selling bud. The stuff from his personal sachel was some really good smelling, good looking kush at first glance (it was dark out). But upon further inspection i realised it was the seedy batch he got last week :( (poor guy had to take that for personal lol!)

I've smoked seedy batch before, but i didnt bother removing the seeds (burned out and lazy). It tasted HORRIBLE; Being a conniseur, I didnt continue smoking it.

So now I decided to remove the seeds first (i think i got about 9 seeds from a .5 nug :S).

The result is some great smelling, trichome rich, ground up kush. But I don't know if it's gona taste the part. Does germination change the taste of the bud entirely?

2. when you germinate seeds its so you can plant the seed

3. I might be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, because some energy from the plant was put in to the seeds rather than in to creating more resin/THC, the bud will be less potent. Not sure if that will affect the taste since I have never picked up seedy weed.

4. ok wrong vocabulary. im not that into the growing lingo.

If it has seeds, it means the grower didn't get rid of his males in time right?

so once seeds have formed, is the bud gona still taste the same?

5. #5 TrichomeHippie, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
    If dazed is right, it rather affects potency than taste. Thx, I hope you're right!

Ima light this up and hope for the best lol!

6. what do you mean by the same?

the same as what?

If your question is whether or not the prescience of seeds can alter the taste of the bud I don't see why or why not. Lots of things go into the taste of the bud at the end.

take out the seeds never smoke them ever.

7. Shouldnt do much to flavor other than decrease it. Since the plant is using some energy to make seeds instead of feeding it to the buds the potency will decrease maybe sometimes causing the flavor to decrease a little bit. Shouldnt be noticable just dont smoke seeds/or their pods

8. thx guys, that was very helpful. Ill sift through it and make sure i got all the pods too :)

9. This shit tastes great and is POTENT. I'm glad i gave it a chance without the seeds :) just thought i'd update

10. Hahaha, enjoy.

11. today i got weed it was the dankest weed i've ever got with seeds it fuckin stinks and hasa buncha seeds. like 20 in a 8th. its good ass bud though. i'd have to tell you the bud is probly fine

12. This sounds right. I don't think it will change the taste of the cannabis though.